Windows 10: Ryuk Virus and viruses

Discus and support Ryuk Virus and viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The company I work for recently was a victim of Ryuk ransomware. I noticed the icons had changed for my excel files at home. I have searched... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheBearAnderson, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Ryuk Virus and viruses

The company I work for recently was a victim of Ryuk ransomware.

I noticed the icons had changed for my excel files at home. I have searched everywhere on the web for this icon and could not find it. Could you please tell me if this is the new icon? see image below

I have scanned my computer with pretty much every available scanner. I did finally purchase skyhunter 5 and reghunter. I think it is hidden in my computer now though. I looked at the icon folder and they all have been changed to this new version.

Do I need to worry?

I have windows 10 on a Dell computer and Microsoft 365.

Ryuk Virus and viruses ba585724-2aa6-4460-b5aa-0d8ad257caae?upload=true.jpg

:)

TheBearAnderson, Jan 26, 2020

2. Question on viruses and documents

Once the virus is removed just use a reputable antivirus program like AVG. I suggest AVG because it does check usb devices for viruses automatically once you stick the usb drive into the usb port.

EastCoasthandle, Jan 26, 2020
  3. zatblast Win User
    So with a mac, you cant get any viruses?

Guide to Virus proofing any electronic device:
    step 1: Make sure machine boots up, and is plugged into everything it should be (battery/power/ethernet/ect)
    step 2: unplug the battery and power cords
    step 3: enjoy your virus proofed machine
    step 4: go crazy
    step 5: plug back in at your OWN risk
    step 6: request "How to remove ****"
    step 7: reformat
    step 8: repeat step 2

zatblast, Jan 26, 2020
  4. asb2106 Win User

Ryuk Virus and viruses

So with a mac, you cant get any viruses?

nice,I like that guide. Its a fool proof method!!

asb2106, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Ryuk Virus and viruses

1. Ryuk Virus and viruses - Similar Threads - Ryuk Virus viruses

2. BOOT X: VIRUS BIOS VIRUS, HARDWARE VIRUS, RAM VIRUS, BOARD VIRUS PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOOT X: VIRUS BIOS VIRUS, HARDWARE VIRUS, RAM VIRUS, BOARD VIRUS PLEASE HELP: Some of you might already heard of this virus, so I'am just gonna tell what it did, what did i did, and what happened in order.Yesterday my PC boot was ****, basically it told me that it couldn't boot, Windows just let me open CMD and couple of other things, when I tried CMD...
  3. BOOT X: VIRUS BIOS VIRUS, HARDWARE VIRUS, RAM VIRUS, BOARD VIRUS PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOOT X: VIRUS BIOS VIRUS, HARDWARE VIRUS, RAM VIRUS, BOARD VIRUS PLEASE HELP: Some of you might already heard of this virus, so I'am just gonna tell what it did, what did i did, and what happened in order.Yesterday my PC boot was ****, basically it told me that it couldn't boot, Windows just let me open CMD and couple of other things, when I tried CMD...
  4. BOOT X: VIRUS BIOS VIRUS, HARDWARE VIRUS, RAM VIRUS, BOARD VIRUS PLEASE HELP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. is this a virus

is this a virus: is this a virus ir an ip puller becasue my windows security goes wild and i dont know waht it is but its caled MFRestident.exe can anyone help?? thanks K https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-a-virus/9c72130a-e7ad-468f-b409-0f9d79dc7787
  6. Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus?: So i have downloaded an app with good ratings on the google play store it is a remote pc control app i have used it before and redownloaded it today but now it is giving me malware notifications from windows virus protection about a low risk virus called PUA:windows/vigua.A...
  7. Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus?: So i have downloaded an app with good ratings on the google play store it is a remote pc control app i have used it before and redownloaded it today but now it is giving me malware notifications from windows virus protection about a low risk virus called PUA:windows/vigua.A...
  8. VIRUS OR NO VIRUS

VIRUS OR NO VIRUS: HI everyone, today as i browsed my laptop i just noticed this strange process running...haven't seen it before tho as i always check my task manager for unfamiliar processes. I saw SWITCH USB 2.0/3.0 for winXP SP2+ ~Win8.132bit.I just wanna know if this file is legit. Tho the...
  9. When the anti-virus IS the virus...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When the anti-virus IS the virus...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rasalom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/q4l1ll/when_the_antivirus_is_the_virus/
  10. computer virus or file virus?

computer virus or file virus?: on a microsoft support page came up saying this computer is blocked and i have to call micosoft now. it has something about **** in http bar and i was no where near **** what to do now?...