Windows 10: Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues

Discus and support Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks I know people even on this board use Linux hosts sometimes and run Windows as Virtual Machines. If you are using newer Linux distros and want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jul 17, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues

jimbo45, Jul 17, 2019

2. AMD Confirms Ryzen Marginality Performance Issue Under Linux, TR and EPYC Clear

An issue on AMD's Ryzen performance under certain Linux workloads, which caused segmentation faults in very heavy, continuous workloads on the Ryzen silicon (parallel compilation workloads in particular) has been confirmed by AMD. Tests like Phoronix's Test Suite's stress run quickly bring the Ryzen processors to their knees with multiple segmentation faults. While this problem is easy to cause under very heavy workloads, the issue is virtually absent under normal Linux desktop workloads and benchmarking,

AMD also confirmed this issue is not present in EPYC or Threadripper processors, but are isolated to early Ryzen samples under Linux (AMD's testing under Windows has found no such behavior.) AMD's analysis has also found that these Ryzen segmentation faults aren't isolated to a particular motherboard vendor, but are problems with the processors themselves. AMD encourages Ryzen customers who believe to be affected by the problem to contact AMD Customer Care. Some of those who have contacted customer care about the segmentation faults have in turn been affected by thermal, power, or other problems, but AMD says they are committed to working with those encountering this performance marginality issue under Linux. AMD will also be stepping up their Linux testing/QA for future consumer products.

Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues GyoR9DqUmjQc6E3Q_thm.jpg

Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues 1T3588qy9VNfKNdx_thm.jpg

Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues arq0BIkatyY34nqf_thm.jpg

Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues aAisBgpIa7L0xV1U_thm.jpg

Sources: Phoronix, AMD Confirms Ryzen Issue - Phoronix

Raevenlord, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    AMD Launches Embedded EPYC and Ryzen Processors

Read more: AMD Launches EPYC Embedded and Ryzen Embedded Processors for End-to-End "Zen" Experiences from the Core to the Edge

Brink, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ally W Win User

Old Athlon 64 3000 processor

I have an Acer athlon 64 3000+ laptop running windows 7. When I run windows 10 update it fails because the processor is not supported as it is missing some CPU instructions.

Somebody suggested installing the 32bit version of windows 10 but when I try the setup file wont run. Any suggestions

Ally W, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Ryzen 3000 processor and Linux boot problems as well as Windows issues - Similar Threads - Ryzen 3000 processor

2. Upgrade windows 11 processor ryzen 5 2500U

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade windows 11 processor ryzen 5 2500U: When windows 11 support provided for Ryzen 5 2500U? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-11-processor-ryzen-5-2500u/ed0e1a0e-3a77-431e-88a1-69ef8e186c13
  3. Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem booting into Windows after installing Linux: My case is long, so here we go. I have an iMac late 2013 with bootcamp installed, with Windows 10 and macOS. This morning I tried installed Ubuntu, with an USB sitick of the 20.04 version. I booted into it with pressing alt and selecting the USB stick and booted it....
  4. Remove Linux Dual Boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Linux Dual Boot issue: Hello, so I want to remove my linux dual boot and so I tried to follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWe9zlSmzjA The issue is when I get to do the bootrec /fixmbr command it comes up with "The system cannot find the file specified" My current dual boot...
  5. Windows 10 Blue Screens - Ryzen 3000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screens - Ryzen 3000: Hey everyone, I've heard of people having issues with these new processors and getting BSODs quite a lot. I was fine until about mid October and from then I can sometimes have north of 10 blue screens a day on a bad day. It seems to be worse when the PC is close to idle....
  6. AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Announces New AMD Ryzen Pro 3000 Series Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new AMD Ryzen™ PRO 3000 Series desktop processor lineup, along with new AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics. The AMD Ryzen PRO and...
  7. Ryzen 3000 PC random BSDOs and reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ryzen 3000 PC random BSDOs and reboots: My computer is experiencing random BSODs and reboots. Sometimes there are bluescreens (most errors descriptions are related IRQL as I remember). Sometimes just shutdown itself and restart, no bluescreens. This occurs during both gaming sessions and idling. No...
  8. AMD Ryzen 3000 on Windows 10 LTSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AMD Ryzen 3000 on Windows 10 LTSC: Is windows 10 LTSC is being "optimized" or at least supporting the new ryzen 3000 from AMD? since this optimization comes with the 1903 update and this version of windows won't have it, I'd like to know before purchasing new hardware....
  9. Win 10.VHDX native boot....with linux as well?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10.VHDX native boot....with linux as well?: Wondering if this is at all possible. I use Hyper-V and am very impressed of the native boot performance, would it be at all possible to native boot a linux virtual drive. For example, in UEFI I have Windows 10 on my physical drive as option 1, and windows 10 on a virtual...
  10. Win 10.VHDX native boot....with linux as well?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10.VHDX native boot....with linux as well?: Wondering if this is at all possible. I use Hyper-V and am very impressed of the native boot performance, would it be at all possible to native boot a linux virtual drive. For example, in UEFI I have Windows 10 on my physical drive as option 1, and windows 10 on a virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ryzen Embedded V1000 SEV