Windows 10: Ryzen 5 2600 Boosting over boost clocks

Discus and support Ryzen 5 2600 Boosting over boost clocks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys I'm happy to say that my system is running well now thanks to the BIOS update to 5406 on my ASUS Prime X470 Motherboard. Again thanks to all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lmaneke, Dec 5, 2019.

1. lmaneke Win User

Ryzen 5 2600 Boosting over boost clocks

Hi guys

I'm happy to say that my system is running well now thanks to the BIOS update to 5406 on my ASUS Prime X470 Motherboard. Again thanks to all who helped me with this issue.

Now the question I have now is this. I've been doing stability testing on my board, and I ran prime95 for 12 hours, and I ran Unigine Heaven 4.0 for about 8 hours. Prime95, after running it all that time, my Ryzen 5 2600 Boosted to 3.9 GHz, and then started to thermal throttle one it hit 70c, which I expected that. But while I was running the Heaven Benchmark, both Ryzen Master and HWMonitor was showing that my Ryzen 5 2600 was boosting to 4.15 GHz on 2 Cores, while the rest of the cores stayed around 3.7 GHz, and the voltage according to both Ryzen Master and HWMONITOR showed the CPU voltage up at 1.375 on the cores that boosted to 4.15 GHz.

I'm wondering if this is normal behavior? I haven't done any manual overclocking, and I didn't make any changes in the BIOS or Ryzen Master to allow the boost clocks to go higher.

I'm wondering maybe I hit the silicone lottery on this chip maybe?

Any insights on this?

:)

lmaneke, Dec 5, 2019
  2. R4k4n0th Win User

New Ryzen 2600 gets 17% single core performance boost

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_ryzen_2600_benchmark_spotted.html

Please look at the images at the link. I could not copy the images here as I was rushing to post this awesome news.

Old Ryzen 1600 score: 3636
    New Ryzen 2600 score: 4269 !!!!!

The boost: 17% !!! Wow wow wow

R4k4n0th, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Thanks for replying Ryzen 5 2600 Boosting over boost clocks :)

I did all the steps listed, but as shown in the screenshot above there is no Microphone Boost slider to modify. And in the "Custom" tab the Microphone Boost box is check-marked so I have no idea why its not showing.

_Daniel_S_, Dec 5, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Gainward Geforce GTX 970 @ 1266Mhz Boost Clock?

Perfectly normal. The listed boost clock doesn't account for the "Kepler" boost that all modern NVidia GPUs have. It's like a certain Delorean, 88 miles... err... Megahertz, on top of the listed boost clock.

cadaveca, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Ryzen 5 2600 Boosting over boost clocks - Similar Threads - Ryzen 2600 Boosting

2. Ready Boost!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ready Boost!: Hi again, I have a Lenovo laptop G700 which I have had since new. I was reading about "Ready Boost" today and decided to give it a try. I inserted my 64 GB SanDisk and it set up with no problems. It seemed to be better with web sites and apps opening quicker etc. The problem...
  3. Ready Boost!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ready Boost!: Hi again, I have a Lenovo laptop G700 which I have had since new. I was reading about "Ready Boost" today and decided to give it a try. I inserted my 64 GB SanDisk and it set up with no problems. It seemed to be better with web sites and apps opening quicker etc. The problem...
  4. No ready boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ready boost: I have recently bought a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 pendrive and was trying to enable ready boost for increasing my pc performance but There is no Ready boost tab in the pendrive properties....
  5. Why clock a AMD Ryzen CPU when the all have high boosts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why clock a AMD Ryzen CPU when the all have high boosts?: Hey Guys, Question: Why clock a AMD Ryzen CPU when the all have high boosts? Just a thought. Regards, Dave G 162002
  6. Ready boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ready boost: Ready boost option is not working in my windows when I open it blue screen comes, then the computer dies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ready-boost/05e6e65d-b280-4054-b76a-bed04681ac0e
  7. Microphone boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone boost: Hello, I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication. I mainly use Discord, Teamspeak and Microsoft Teams. As you can see in the screenshots below, the micrphone level is at the maximum and there...
  8. Ready Boost

Ready Boost: After some study I would like to try Ready Boost in the hope it might do something to help my limited RAM. However, the option does not appear at all when I look for it inthe Properties of USB Flash Drives. The Ready Boost tab does not appear, in the way described in articles...
  9. Ready boost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ready boost: Readyboost option is not shown in my window 10 pc which has latest 1809 version of Window 10 ***Moved from Insider forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ready-boost/641630d2-2649-4570-bc42-4738b0cd8231"
  10. Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow

Ryzen 5 2600 feels bloated and slow: I've done all the tweaks (oc ram, latest bios and drivers, disable cool n Quiet, ryzen balanced power plan) But my system still feels like kinda iffy. The desktop feels chuggy and like the computer is having a post nasal drip. This is also a fresh Windows install. It still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen 2600 does not hit full boost clock