Windows 10: Ryzen system keeps BSODing

Discus and support Ryzen system keeps BSODing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TomahawkCancer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k95r0b/ryzen_system_keeps_bsoding/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TomahawkCancer, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Ryzen system keeps BSODing

/u/TomahawkCancer, Dec 8, 2020
  2. trevtech Win User

AMD Ryzen 2200G systems hang, usually no BSOD

Problem: Systems hard lock after anywhere from a few minutes of uptime to a couple of days. Image is frozen on screen and no mouse cursor is visible, pressing Ctrl+Shift+Win+B to reset graphics driver does nothing. Only one of the PCs has ever bluescreened
    and it only did so one time, with error code 0x1000009f DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE for ntoskrnl.exe. I tried updating, downgrading, and reinstalling GPU, NIC, and sound drivers but no luck. Every other time the PCs don't bluescreen when they lock up and there
    is nothing in the Event Viewer that is helpful.

Troubleshooting steps tried:

1. Updated AMD drivers from 18.5.1 to 18.7.1 and 18.8.1.
    2. Clean installed both 18.8.1 and 18.5.1.
    3. Installed Realtek LAN and audio drivers from ASRock.
    4. Clean installed 17.7 AIO driver package from ASRock (listed as 17.40).
    5. Updated BIOS from 4.70 to 4.90.
    6. Reset BIOS.
    7. Uninstalled August 2018 Windows 10 patches.
    8. Switched to Balanced power plan instead of Ryzen Balanced.
    9. Disabled USB suspending and PCIe ASPM
    10. Switched to High performance, disabled ASPM & USB SS
    11. Increased SOC voltage to 1.1 and RAM voltage to 1.3.
    12. Removed AMD drivers, used Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
    13. Uninstalled Malwarebytes Premium 3.5.1
    14. Started in Safe Mode w/ Networking
    15. Repair install 1803.
    16. Used only one RAM stick at 2133MHz.
    Next steps:

1. Clean install 1803
    2. Install 1709, delay 1803 update
    3. RMA ASRock motherboards
    4. Replaced ASRock motherboards
    5. Replace AMD with Intel

Identical systems specs:

• AMD Ryzen 2200G CPU
    • ASRock AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX Motherboard
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (4GBx2) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
    • Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
    • EVGA 450W Bronze PSU
    • Fractal Design Core 1000 Micro ATX Case
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803

Other system specs:

• AMD Ryzen 2200G CPU
    • Asus TUF B350M Plus Gaming Micro ATX Motherboard
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (4GBx2) 3000MHz DDR4 RAM
    • Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD
    • Corsair TX650M Gold PSU
    • Fractal Design Node 804 Micro ATX Case
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803

Details:

I built four identical systems and one with different motherboard and RAM, all of them are having this problem to varying degrees of severity. The worst one locked up within 15 minutes, but the best one used to work for over a week without issues. I tried
    doing a repair install on one of the systems, during the preparation period for the upgrade the system locked up at 16%. I was able to get it to complete to the point of restarting to do the majority of the install, but that locked up multiple times as well.

I've looked through the event log, and there is nothing between the systems that points to the source of the problem. There is no one thing that causes the systems to lockup, and there is no rime or reason to when they lockup. One of them did seem to lockup
    every hour, but otherwise it happens at random.

I'm at my wits end; in over 15 years of troubleshooting and building PCs I have never had issues of this scope or inconsistency. I repair computers for a living, and I have never seen issues like this. I have a server based on AMD's Epyc 7351P and my main
    desktop is based on the Ryzen 7 1700, and I haven't had issues anywhere close to this on those systems. At this point I'm seriously considering replacing the CPUs and motherboards with Intel equivalents. I've I'm willing to try any suggestions any one has,
    no matter how much of a long shot they are or how stupid they seem.

Here's a link to the dump file, driver list, and system info: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

trevtech, Dec 8, 2020
  3. kruk Win User
    AMD Readies B2 Stepping of the Ryzen "Summit Ridge" Silicon

I'm not apologizing, I'm just reacting to FUD. Please list me 3 major bugs that affect my Ryzen build. I'm dying to know ...

Also, another rumor that denies the stepping has popped up: Ryzen "B2" Stepping a False Rumor (apparently)

kruk, Dec 8, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Ryzen system keeps BSODing

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Ryzen system keeps BSODing

1. Ryzen system keeps BSODing - Similar Threads - Ryzen system keeps

2. PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding: Device name DESKTOP-LUH262FProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16,0 GBDevice ID 4A1A1971-375D-4E0B-8797-72EC5B4444B2Product ID 00325-96265-93287-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input...
  3. My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.: My system is crashing with error codes like:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONEXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDAnd I tried a lot of things like SFC and DISMI ran a bunch of hardware tests, and they all said my hardware is...
  4. My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.: My system is crashing with error codes like:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONEXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDAnd I tried a lot of things like SFC and DISMI ran a bunch of hardware tests, and they all said my hardware is...
  5. Kernel Systems or something Bsoding my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kernel Systems or something Bsoding my computer: Hello! I have been having bsod issues with my pc, only hardware I changed was my mobo from MSI B450 Tomahawk to AsRock B550 Steel Legend motherboard was the only thing I changed aside from my PC case. Everything ran perfectly fine when I had my B450 but when I "upgraded" to...
  6. Windows 10 Keeps Bsoding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Keeps Bsoding: Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 R9 280x 16 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 300 MHz Asrock B550M pro4 Windows 10 20H2 So I'm going to tell you what’s happening with my system. It keeps bsoding with the errors being npfs.sys, fltmngr.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and many others. These are just the...
  7. Windows 10 keeps BSODING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps BSODING: Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 R9 280x 16 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 300 MHz Asrock B550M pro4 So i'm going to tell you what’s happening with my system. It keeps bsoding with the errors being npfs.sys, fltmngr.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and many...
  8. PC keeps BSODING

PC keeps BSODING: So I got windows 10 recently and I keep getting the "blue screen of death" at least once a day and I have tried everything I can think of but cant get it fixed. Help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 Keeps BSODing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Keeps BSODing: Ever since I transferred my PC from one case to another, I haven’t been able to boot into Windows. Every time it will immediately blue screen and say “Critical Process Died”. I’ve tried many things in command prompt, tried to restore Windows, and tried to reset Windows. When...
  10. Help Please! Pc keeps on BSODing ..

Help Please! Pc keeps on BSODing ..: On Fri 5/19/2017 7:27:59 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051817-27359-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E7C0) Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x23, 0x41, 0x1, 0xFFFFE20D3983D820) Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER file...