Windows 10: S key does odd things

Discus and support S key does odd things in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating on the 17th my s key when pressed changes my mouse cursor's look, freezes my screen, and when I click and drag there are options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickW9, Apr 18, 2020.

1. NickW9 Win User

S key does odd things

After updating on the 17th my s key when pressed changes my mouse cursor's look, freezes my screen, and when I click and drag there are options underneath the highlighted area. I couldn't find anything on Google and this happens every time I try to use my s key on it's own. I've tried restarting it, uninstalling the update, reinstalling the update, resetting my keyboard, and turning off things like hotkeys but it won't stop. I have some images that show two of the new occurrences, but I can't show the screen freezing very well. None of my keys are stuck down and I just woke up and tried to play a game of tf2 and discovered the issue. Any help would be appreciated.S key does odd things [​IMG]S key does odd things [​IMG]

:)

NickW9, Apr 18, 2020

2. odd login with win to today

Hi,

I suggest you to check if you have any new updates available for Windows.

To check the update history follow the below steps:

• Click on Windows Key.
    • Click on settings
    • Click on windows updates and security.
    • Click on advanced options
    • Select view update history.
    • Now check if there is any new updates installed.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 18, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

S key does odd things

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

S key does odd things

1. S key does odd things - Similar Threads - key does odd

2. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  3. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  4. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume adjustment doing odd things.: Hi, I was testing out a speaker to connect to my PC. Controlled with my phone, it seems fine. 0-100% volume is consistent. However, when trying to control the volume via PC, there would be a weird phenomenon.When the volume is set to 0-30%, it would be really loud. When it...
  6. S key does odd things

S key does odd things: After updating on the 17th my s key when pressed changes my mouse cursor's look, freezes my screen, and when I click and drag there are options underneath the highlighted area. I couldn't find anything on Google and this happens every time I try to use my s key on it's own....
  7. Windows does odd things

Windows does odd things: So I just spent the last 2 days sorting all my files and housekeeping, this involved a lot of deletions and organising in to folders, then creating backups across 2 external HDD's and several USB flash drives. Once I had finished I started to poke around and found this in...
  8. Windows does odd things

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows does odd things: So I just spent the last 2 days sorting all my files and housekeeping, this involved a lot of deletions and organising in to folders, then creating backups across 2 external HDD's and several USB flash drives. Once I had finished I started to poke around and found this in...
  9. odd thing has happened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    odd thing has happened: on a friend laptop a new keyboard language appeared and its unnecessary so when attempting removing it i went on the language setting but the language wasn't there she didn't installed it appeared after she was reading info site about India how to remove the language if...
  10. Odd thing that happens with my computer,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd thing that happens with my computer,: Greetings, So I am experiencing a problem with my computer which happens after a restart. This is what happens https://drive.google.com/file/d/136VCy6-5hs09CPemtdM80Emzq8K1bHmy/view?usp=sharing This has be happening for awhile. It will do as the video shows for awhile,...