Windows 10: S mode and antivirus

Discus and support S mode and antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been debating switching out of S mode since I got my device, but I am scared of what exactly that would mean. If I get rid of S mode, does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrisaRodriguez3, Dec 4, 2020.

1. S mode and antivirus

I have been debating switching out of S mode since I got my device, but I am scared of what exactly that would mean. If I get rid of S mode, does antivirus protection go with it, or are they unrelated? To my understanding, S mode is "Added Protection", but if I get rid of it, am I going to have to get antivirus protection from a different source?

:)

BrisaRodriguez3, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

S mode and antivirus

1. S mode and antivirus - Similar Threads - mode antivirus

2. Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11 in S-mode.Despite all assurances that Windows Defender will make the computer secure I am now getting frequent malicious pop-ups that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs", etc., obviously a malware. I tried installing an...
  3. Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install antivirus protection in Windows 11 in S-Mode: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 11 in S-mode.Despite all assurances that Windows Defender will make the computer secure I am now getting frequent malicious pop-ups that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs", etc., obviously a malware. I tried installing an...
  4. Antivirus position - Windows 11 S Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus position - Windows 11 S Mode: Hi. I have a new HP 15s-fq2024na laptop running Windows 11 S mode. I don't understand the antivirus situation - why are there no options for scans? Is it not necessary in S mode? Also, there is supposed to be a year's free McAfee LiveSafe on the laptop, I can find it in...
  5. Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question

Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question: Just got a PC with Windows 11 S mode. I understand its running security in the background. However, I have a hard drive to plug in and I want to scan it. Any way to do a quick scan or doesn't it work like that? Just want to make sure the hard drive is virus free....
  6. Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?

Should I take my windows 10 out of s mode to install another antivirus?: I bought webroot had it before and didn't know I would be asked to change permanently something on my computer to install it. I guess if I take this off of s mode on my computer I can't get it back on it. Not sure what to do now. I should have an antivirus shouldn't I? and...
  7. Windows s mode antivirus

Windows s mode antivirus: Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode-antivirus/027d9f6f-f0a9-4e14-95dc-1ee83d052bb8
  8. Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Chrome to get new antivirus and dark mode improvements: Chromium-based web browsers – Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome – can now run smoothly on Windows 10 when antivirus tools are activated, thanks to a new Chromium update. According to Google engineer Bruce Dawson, certain browser functions may not work properly when your...
  9. Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?

Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?: I want to enable antivirus only in auditing mode so all threats are logged but not blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-antivirus-supports-audit/17a97864-d3c3-4644-9839-fd52decc0e7c
  10. Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Antivirus solution blocks HDD controller, Windows going to repair mode during booting.: I am using Windows 10, by mistake I have blocked HDD controller through antivirus F-Secure device control feature. Now at the time of bootup, HDD is blocked so that PC is going to repair mode. From repair mode, I have only command prompt access. I want to stop f-secure...