Windows 10: S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again

Discus and support S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Got a new computer last week that had S mode installed. I opted out, and for a week all has been well. I've been using Chrome as my browser, and was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by donnacim, Feb 4, 2020.

1. donnacim Win User

S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again

Got a new computer last week that had S mode installed. I opted out, and for a week all has been well. I've been using Chrome as my browser, and was able to install Mcafee, so I know I was out of S mode. This morning I had error messages and it turns out my computer is rejecting Chrome and Mcafee because I'm BACK IN S MODE!!! When I go to the store and click on "get" to opt out of S mode again, I get "Try again later, something happened on our end." I'm wondering if I should return this computer for one that doesn't come with S . . . I see a history of people not being able to opt out. Is there also a history of it coming back on? Any thoughts about a way to override this? Thanks for any help!

:)

donnacim, Feb 4, 2020

2. Opt out of Preview

NO I WANT TO OPT OUT COMPLETELY OF THE WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM

• START MENU DOES NOT FUNCTION AS IT SHOULD
    • MY LAPTOP FREEZES
    • ITS INTERFERING WITH MY PRODUCTIVITY

Kuris Simon Ardiles, Feb 4, 2020
  3. up2nogood Win User
    O/C my opt 146

*Bang Head :banghead: Hi all.
    Im a total Noob to O/C, and want some step by step on how to O/C my opt 146
    pretty please be very greatful if someone could help me out.. thanks *Big Grin S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again :D

up2nogood, Feb 4, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

opting out of windows insider program

Hello Scott, you are able to opt out of the Windows Insider Program by following the steps listed in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10584/...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again :)

RyoTakagi, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. S mode came back on after I opted out, and now won't let me opt out again - Similar Threads - mode came opted

2. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  3. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  4. Opt out of chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  5. Opt out of chat

Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  6. Where is the opt out button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the opt out button?: I don't want your browser and I really don't want you to keep bugging me about it. Where is the setting to turn off your inane chatter about how good your browser is? I have the browser I want to use, it is secure and 1000x more useful than Edge....
  7. News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out

in Windows 10 Customization
    News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out: The new feature News And Interest is starting to roll out more and more.And so are the questions on how to disable it: the amount of questions on that on Google for instance is huge.Not only because people are finding is just 100% irritating me too but also because a lot of...
  8. Won't let me switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't let me switch out of S mode: After I updated my computer, it switched me back to S mode, and now when I try to get out of S mode from the Store, it brings up an error message saying "something went wrong" and to "try again later." I have already restarted my computer twice trying to solve this issue. Any...
  9. opting out of s mode

opting out of s mode: What do I need to do to get my computer to allow me to download other apps not from the Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opting-out-of-s-mode/ebc790bb-c1c2-4dba-81c7-10acd95f294e
  10. Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox: How to: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox [img] Information SHIELD studies let you try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, Mozilla can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opted out of s mode came back on