Windows 10: S mode, Canon printer connect

Discus and support S mode, Canon printer connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have HP STREAM laptop, using Windows 10 "S" mode - purchased new, 2020 Have Canon Pixma G 3202 printer wireless - purchased new, 2020 Last week, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 'puter Illiterate, Jan 9, 2021.

1. S mode, Canon printer connect

• Have HP STREAM laptop, using Windows 10 "S" mode - purchased new, 2020
    • Have Canon Pixma G 3202 printer wireless - purchased new, 2020

Last week, and for months previously, I was able to print from my laptop.

Now, I can not.

I know, I know. All the previous community forum posts say it's not possibleto connect a computer

that's in "s" mode to printers. They say you have to change to Windows PRO.

But obviously, that's not true, because I was connected, in "s" mode, and now I'm not.

I do vaguely recall that when we first bought the printer, I had some difficulty getting it to work.

However, I eventually did get it to work.

A few days ago, when trying to print, my attempts were piling up in the queue. I went to settings, which

informed me there was no driver for the printer. I tried to get the driver from Cannon, and was

blocked by Windows "s" mode, which tried to direct me to the Google Play Store and download a

"similar" app. It gave no further information on what this "similar" app is actually called.

I thought I might be able to delete the printer from my settings, and then connect it again. I hoped that

would reset the connection. So I deleted it.

Now my computer won't even detect the printer. It detects all the neighbors printers, which is kind of

creepy, but not my printer, in my living room. So I can't reconnect, in settings, because there's nothing

to click on.

I do not want to switch out of "s" mode. I like "s" mode, and since the printer worked before, I don't

agree that I have to switch out this mode. This is an erroneous belief. So that's not my question. Please

don't reply telling me how to switch out of "s" mode. I don't want to waste anyone's time!

I also do not want to have to plug my laptop into my printer, every time I want to print. I didn't have to

do that before, and I don't expect to have to do it now.

Telling me to go to the Canon site isn't going to be helpful. I have been there. They have drivers

to download which claim that they are compatible with "s" mode. However, when I download

the file, and try to install it, Windows "s" displays a pop up saying that I should look for a similar

app at the Google Play Store.

However, I went to the Google Play store, and when I chose an app for Canon printers, the Play Store

wanted to download the app to my cellphone, and didn't have an option to download one to my laptop.

I need to print from my laptop, not from my cellphone.

I want to stay in "s" mode on my hp STREAM laptop, AND ALSO connect to my Canon Pixma G 3202 printer.

Does anyone know how to do that? And explain it in plain English? I'm not very familiar with computer

technical jargon.

Thanks very much for any ideas you guys have.

As a side note, while I very much appreciate the expertise and "best guesses" provided here by my neighbors,

it sure would be nice if Microsoft had some kind of customer support, so we didn't all have to beg from big hearted

volunteers, on a public forum for help with technical issues.

:)

'puter Illiterate, Jan 9, 2021

2. Canon Printer i9950

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I completely understand your concern and feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

This product is not compatible with the operating system selected and no drivers will be made available. Please consider upgrading either your product or operating system to a model or version that is supported.

Also, I suggest you to ensure to have the latest version of the printer software installed on your PC .

Please follow these steps below, to resolve the issue:

Step 1: I suggest you to download the Windows 8.1 printer driver from the below canon website and then try to install the printer driver in compatibility mode.

http://www.supportcanon.com/download-canon-i9950-driver-printer/

Step 2: I would suggest you to try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the
    issue persists.

Please try to refer to the suggestions given by JimWynne replied on December 8, 2015, to fix your issue.

Driver for Canon i9950 printer Windows 10

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Jan 9, 2021
  4. OldMike65 Win User

S mode, Canon printer connect

Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection??
    Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone?
    Thanks guys.

OldMike65, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

S mode, Canon printer connect

1. S mode, Canon printer connect - Similar Threads - mode Canon printer

2. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  3. my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my canon TS3522 printer will not connect.: it wont connect let alone be visible on laptop nor cell phone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-canon-ts3522-printer-will-not-connect/267b719f-b771-49ce-94e1-5c86eeb2b8b8
  4. How to install canon printer driver in windows 11 s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install canon printer driver in windows 11 s mode: How do I install Canon TR6400 printer driver in Windows 11 s mode? My new printer is not able to be discovered to connect to computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-canon-printer-driver-in-windows-11/24174b6c-9124-4d22-abee-60bd2a56b526
  5. How to install canon printer driver in windows 11 s mode

How to install canon printer driver in windows 11 s mode: How do I install Canon TR6400 printer driver in Windows 11 s mode? My new printer is not able to be discovered to connect to computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-canon-printer-driver-in-windows-11/24174b6c-9124-4d22-abee-60bd2a56b526
  6. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  7. Connect canon printer in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect canon printer in s mode: I have recently bought a lenovo idea pad 1 laptop which is by default using s mode. I don't seem to be able to connect this to my canon pixma mg4250 printer. Is this not possible in S mode?...
  8. Connect canon printer in s mode

9. canon bjc2110 printer wont connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    canon bjc2110 printer wont connect: help fix my rinter and laptopp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-bjc2110-printer-wont-connect/7079be5e-9dd7-49f1-a309-2f24308662e1
  10. Canon Printer

Canon Printer: Can't get my printer online. Have to use usb to function correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/canon-printer/002b1a70-abb1-49c0-8dd9-513fa201c0b1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. canon pixma windows 11 s mode