Windows 10: S mode disabling

Discus and support S mode disabling in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a new laptop, tried downloading steam, had to go to the steam website because it wasn’t in the MS store, then I got the whole S mode notification.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CRINGEGAMER69, Jun 23, 2022.

1. S mode disabling

Got a new laptop, tried downloading steam, had to go to the steam website because it wasn’t in the MS store, then I got the whole S mode notification. I take it there’s not much of a penalty for disabling this right? Other than the obvious security reasons, it seems like they just want to prevent you from shopping with the competitors

submitted by /u/CRINGEGAMER69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CRINGEGAMER69, Jun 23, 2022

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 23, 2022
  4. S mode disabling

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

S mode disabling

1. S mode disabling - Similar Threads - mode disabling

2. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  3. How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode Permanently?: Each time effeciency mode is active, it kills any tabls that I have open and there is no way to activate the tabs without closing and I lose a lot of information. This is by far the worst feature of anything that Microsoft has come up with. If this feature cannot offer a user...
  4. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?: Okay so I’ll give you the full backstory, 5-6 months ago my PC stopped turning on entirely so I took it to a computer repair store it was the same store I bought the PC from they were asking for a BitLocker password but I wasn’t sure what one they were talking about since I...
  5. How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?

How to disable BitLocker while being stuck in BitLocker recovery mode?: Okay so I’ll give you the full backstory, 5-6 months ago my PC stopped turning on entirely so I took it to a computer repair store it was the same store I bought the PC from they were asking for a BitLocker password but I wasn’t sure what one they were talking about since I...
  6. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  7. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

Windows Update disables Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2I scheduled a Windows Updates 3 days ago. It is now the day before the update is scheduled to run. All day today when I try to enter Sleep Mode, it doesn't "take." Is this a bug? or working as designed?Thanks for your help.SweetTasha...
  8. Windows Update disables Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. RAM not recognized, airplane mode after start up, overclocking disabled, and system clock reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM not recognized, airplane mode after start up, overclocking disabled, and system clock reset: Hello all! I’m having problems with my Dell G5 5500. So last week I noticed that half my RAM is not being recognized despite being installer. I should have 8gbs of RAM, I only have 4. My laptop has been having crazy problems left and right. At first, it was just very slow,...
  10. RAM not recognized, airplane mode after start up, overclocking disabled, and system clock reset

RAM not recognized, airplane mode after start up, overclocking disabled, and system clock reset: Hello all! I’m having problems with my Dell G5 5500. So last week I noticed that half my RAM is not being recognized despite being installer. I should have 8gbs of RAM, I only have 4. My laptop has been having crazy problems left and right. At first, it was just very slow,...