Windows 10: S Mode Get Button disabled

Discus and support S Mode Get Button disabled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to switch out of S Mode and I have tried multiple things but to no avail, the Get button is disabled. I have an active windows account and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sam_Mei, May 19, 2020.

1. Sam_Mei Win User

S Mode Get Button disabled

I need to switch out of S Mode and I have tried multiple things but to no avail, the Get button is disabled. I have an active windows account and it is linked w/Microsoft. It says I am running 'Windows 10 Home in S mode'.

I am in my laptop as user account with Administrator privilege Acer Aspire 5. I've also ran updates to everything I could. .

How do I get this out of S Mode and the Get button enabled?? Please help, I'm at my wits end.

:)

Sam_Mei, May 19, 2020

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2020
  3. Not able to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you try to turn off the Airplane mode?
    • When you say that "TRIED 3 DIFFERENT METHODS I FOUND ", what are the troubleshooting steps which you have tried to performed for resolving the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Airplane mode in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then choose Settings,

3. Select Network & Internet.

4. Click on Airplane mode.

5. Then turn off Airplane mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with turning off airplane mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 19, 2020
  4. S Mode Get Button disabled

Mouse Button Disabled

Hi,

Your mouse buttons right and left-click can be assigned, disabled, and enabled in several ways. For us to rectify your query in enabling these mouse pointers, we suggest starting the computer in
    safe mode by following the steps on this article: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Check if you encounter
    the same difficulty afterwards. This method has been proven to resolve concerns with programs and drivers that might prevent Windows from starting correctly.

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 19, 2020
Thema:

S Mode Get Button disabled

1. S Mode Get Button disabled - Similar Threads - Mode Button disabled

2. disable s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable s mode: How do I disable s mode in Win 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-s-mode/e2149b90-6791-4574-aed2-2ae9974bb281
  3. disable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable s mode: How do I disable s mode in Win 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-s-mode/e2149b90-6791-4574-aed2-2ae9974bb281
  4. disable s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. S mode will not disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S mode will not disable: Hi, first time writing on here, and would appreciate some help :I got this laptop LAPTOP-8817VJQ7 for christmas, and am currently running it on Windows 10, since windows 11 is not available yet for this laptop. I am currently trying to disable S mode in order to download...
  6. S mode will not disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S mode will not disable: Hi, first time writing on here, and would appreciate some help :I got this laptop LAPTOP-8817VJQ7 for christmas, and am currently running it on Windows 10, since windows 11 is not available yet for this laptop. I am currently trying to disable S mode in order to download...
  7. No get button to switch out of S mode???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No get button to switch out of S mode???: It tells me to update Microsoft Store to switch out of S mode but it won't update, then it tells me to go to the Switch out of S mode app and there's no Get button for me to click?...
  8. S mode GET button

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode GET button: My S mode GET button is grayed out so I am unable to switch out of S mode. How do I fix this and get out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-get-button/3488eedb-0dcf-4aa0-a28e-564e453b7860
  9. S Mode Get Button will not work and I can't get out of S MODE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    S Mode Get Button will not work and I can't get out of S MODE: Purchased new laptop. Purchased Windows 10 PRO to get out of S Mode. No matter what I do, my Get button to switch out of S Mode will not work. Please help....
  10. S Mode Disable

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    S Mode Disable: I have been using this laptop for months. Today, I installed a Lenovo update and my computer was in S Mode afterwards. I have read how to uninstall it but the "Get" button is greyed out. I am the admin on my PC, but it says to contact IT Department or Admin. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. s mode get button disabled