Windows 10: S Mode help

Discus and support S Mode help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I got my family member a laptop and they clicked on the free s mode app in the store. My question is can we get that turned back on since they don’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stoney4209, Dec 15, 2020.

1. S Mode help

So I got my family member a laptop and they clicked on the free s mode app in the store. My question is can we get that turned back on since they don’t plan on using the laptop for anything besides basic searches and what not. I hope someone can help me figure it out since I don’t have a computer and didn’t know about this s mode stuff until after they were updating everything.

submitted by /u/Stoney4209
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Stoney4209, Dec 15, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 15, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 15, 2020
  4. S Mode help

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

S Mode help

1. S Mode help - Similar Threads - Mode help

2. My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.: I'm trying to download apps like the ea app, steam and gog on Acer Aspire 3 but these apps arent installing. I tried downloading chrome to see if the browser might be the issue but no luck there. checked online tried the s mode thing but my computer doesnt have that on...
  3. My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My acer aspire 3 isnt downloading apps. s mode is not on. please help bought for sims.: I'm trying to download apps like the ea app, steam and gog on Acer Aspire 3 but these apps arent installing. I tried downloading chrome to see if the browser might be the issue but no luck there. checked online tried the s mode thing but my computer doesnt have that on...
  4. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help: I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S...
  5. I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help

I cannot switch out of Windows 11 S Mode no matter what I do, PLEASE help: I just bought this HP15.6” touchscreen and it’s in Windows 11. First thing I did was try to install chrome but it said I couldn’t and to install non-microsoft verified apps I needed to switch out of S mode. So i followed the steps to do that settings, system, activation, S...
  6. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP: Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes the Displays turns off as recommended Power settings by windows ,,,and when the displays turn off - the new monitor keeps...
  7. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP: Hey , I just got the second monitor for my dual display setup , connected both monitors and both working fine but when the pc is not used for 10minutes the Displays turns off as recommended Power settings by windows ,,,and when the displays turn off - the new monitor keeps...
  8. DISPLAY KEEPS CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING IN SLEEP MODE !! PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...
  10. Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, Stuck in Safe mode.: Hi, I recently tried removing the Antimalware defender. I did multiple things messing with system configuration, registry editor, Window defender files, and permissions. I tried to add myself to permissions and full control but got denied. Gave up then went back to normal...