Windows 10: S Mode Malware

Discus and support S Mode Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello! i use an hp pavilion 15 in windows 10 s mode. starting yesterday, i had this weird glitch where everytime i used google, it would redirect me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by faithkim., Sep 26, 2020.

1. faithkim. Win User

S Mode Malware

hello!

i use an hp pavilion 15 in windows 10 s mode. starting yesterday, i had this weird glitch where everytime i used google, it would redirect me to yahoo. i did some research and found out that i had the coolnewtabtheme virus. i reset my search engine and it still didn't fix it. i also checked my files to see if i downloaded it by mistake, and i also checked the apps&features settings to no avail. i have also tried scanning for malware on windows security and it says that there's nothing wrong. for now, i am stuck using bing, however i would like to revert to google. is there a way to fix this without leaving s mode?

thank you!

:)

faithkim., Sep 26, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 26, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

S Mode Malware

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

S Mode Malware

1. S Mode Malware - Similar Threads - Mode Malware

2. BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle: Hello, When my pc has restarted or booted from shut down there is no issue. But everytime my system has came from sleep mode after 10 minutes up to a few hours it BSOD. 99% of the time it is on the ntfs.sys Network driver. Sometimes it is an ndis.sys BSOD. I have...
  3. Change nvme to legacy mode after using it in raid mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change nvme to legacy mode after using it in raid mode: I'm using Win 10 pro N in RAID mode (I installed initially to a RAID10 array of 4 x 14TB wd140emfz from elements enclosures), and I have just noticed that while defragging the RAID10 array and simultaneously benching a data free Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB that the NVME's...
  4. S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    S Mode: My computer doesn't let me switch out of S Mode. I've tried a hundred different methods and none of them work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode/22217104-6f87-4fe7-ad6b-918f5e23dc54
  5. second time, stuck in safe mode, airplane mode, asks for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    second time, stuck in safe mode, airplane mode, asks for password: I login with PIN, I went to change to AHCI from IDE, web says set to boot in safe minimal, now I cant login cause I quess it needs networkng on and its off. Last time I wiped and recloned drive. Is there anyway to fix this without doing that again, and how to get AHCI in...
  6. Tesco Connect Tablet 10" power fail in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tesco Connect Tablet 10" power fail in recovery mode: Hello, I'm having troubles with Tesco connect tablet , during recovery my tablet turned off it run out of power, although It was connected via usb to my desktop PC.. but I suspect not sufficient power form PC Usb socket anyway windows is part installed and I tries to boot,...
  7. Signed out of admin account while stuck in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Signed out of admin account while stuck in recovery mode: Signed out of admin account while stuck in recovery mode, Windows 10 I have been stuck in a recovery mode loop due to an unknown error. In trying to troubleshoot the problem I disabled automatic startup repair, which did not solve the problem. This made the problem worse,...
  8. Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?: I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 8GB RAM, and 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD (but BestBuy.com listed it as a 1TB HDD) for relatively cheap. I was already planning to upgrade it to a 1TB SSD so I'm not too upset at the lie or mistake. I added in the 1TB...
  9. Can a network malware prevent ur PC from booting and using any of the safe mode options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can a network malware prevent ur PC from booting and using any of the safe mode options?: Can you get a malware from ur Internet connection that can prevent your PC from booting. Ok so I’ve made a post recently about how my PC suddenly wouldn’t allow me to get to the login screen and none of the options that were proposed to me (including many safe mode options...
  10. Malware and safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware and safe mode: Can malware prevent starting in safe mode? If so, what can be done? Someone clicked on a photo in Facebook and got a red banner saying that malware had been detected, and she should call a phone number. The person at the number told her to type something in, and she did...