Windows 10: S mode question about antivirus

Discus and support S mode question about antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CindyHilton1, Jul 2, 2020.

1. S mode question about antivirus

If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus?

:)

CindyHilton1, Jul 2, 2020

2. S mode question about antivirus

If I switch out of S mode, will I need to get additional antivirus?

CindyHilton1, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    if i leave s mode,which antivirus is best used for windows 10 home

FWIW:

Microsoft created Windows 10 S mode for a reason: Security....

>
    Windows 10 in S mode FAQ - Windows Help

If you want to switch out of it: Since some weeks many users are not able to switch out of S mode. Seems that there are some problems on the Microsoft's servers side..

Users are advised to try again in a few days or even weeks....

===

In case you decide (and have been successful in) switching out of S mode:

Windows 10 comes with in-built AV Windows Defender.

Whether you want to use Windows Defender or want to install another AV: that depends on your own preferences and habits.

No matter which AV you want to use, there might be situations in which you want to use other Anti-Malware programs for occasional, on-demand scans.

Suggestion to read:

Ṣmeed, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Crizal Win User

S mode question about antivirus

Win 10 S Mode Questions

Hello all and if you observe, happy Easter or Passover. Next week, a friend is getting an HP laptop that'll be using Windows 10 in S Mode. I'm somewhat familiar with what can and cannot be done but there are a few questions.

As there are restrictions in what can be downloaded and installed in S Mode, does anyone know if tools like Geek Uninstaller portable and CCleaner portable (on USB sticks) would work or will she be limited to the built-in Windows tools?

She's using an HP LaserJet Pro M15W printer on her network and to add that to the new laptop, drivers cannot be downloaded from the HP website. It was suggested we go to the Microsoft Store and get the HP Smart app and try using that to get the printer on the new machine. If that doesn't work, we can easily uninstall the app. HP's listing for S Mode compatible printers is grossly outdated and doesn't mention the printer (which is a reasonably new model) one way or the other.

The goal is to keep the laptop as clean as possible so any insight would be appreciated.

Crizal, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

S mode question about antivirus

1. S mode question about antivirus - Similar Threads - mode question antivirus

2. About The Microsoft Antivirus Award/s?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    About The Microsoft Antivirus Award/s?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I never heard of the Microsoft antivirus in getting any award/s from day one ?,and don't even know why that unknown person who gave the award/s may of mistakenly did so.I only later check the AV-Comparatives website in later 2022 and it's as...
  3. Question about Comodo Antivirus Update

Question about Comodo Antivirus Update: If after comodo antivirus and firewall updated, I scared it will ruin my genshin game preinstallation and updates as new genshin version zip files will come inside my genshin impact folder. I don't want it quarantine genshin new version zip files will come inside genshin...
  4. Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question

Windows 11 S mode - antivirus question: Just got a PC with Windows 11 S mode. I understand its running security in the background. However, I have a hard drive to plug in and I want to scan it. Any way to do a quick scan or doesn't it work like that? Just want to make sure the hard drive is virus free....
  5. Questions on S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...
  6. Questions on S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions on S Mode: Hi all,I have one of my devices running on S Mode, my question is does this protect your device like the active/real-time protection you receive from a non-Microsoft antivirus program? Also, if I wanted to run a scan manually will I be able to do this, I could not find any...
  7. Question about S mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about S mode!: I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the...
  8. Windows s mode antivirus

Windows s mode antivirus: Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode-antivirus/027d9f6f-f0a9-4e14-95dc-1ee83d052bb8
  9. S mode and antivirus

S mode and antivirus: I have been debating switching out of S mode since I got my device, but I am scared of what exactly that would mean. If I get rid of S mode, does antivirus protection go with it, or are they unrelated? To my understanding, S mode is "Added Protection", but if I get rid of it,...
  10. Question about Airplane mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about Airplane mode: Should I enable airplane mode when I shut down shut down my laptop or does it disable the wi-fi (and other) receivers when I shut it down or put it to sleep? Also, will it save battery if I were to download something I could read offline and turn on airplane mode?...