Windows 10: S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

Discus and support S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I’m on Windows 10 in S mode. There is a problem with my Microsoft Store and one possible fix is to run a PowerShell comnand. To get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveRoach2, Jan 17, 2020.

1. S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

Hi Guys,

I’m on Windows 10 in S mode. There is a problem with my Microsoft Store and one possible fix is to run a PowerShell comnand. To get PowerShell, I need to get out of S Mode so I go to the Microsoft Store to get the S Mode Switch. But I can’t get the switch because there is a problem with Microsoft Store.

Apart from seeing the same stupids from Microsoft for decades now, is there a way of getting out of S Mode without the Store? Can I, for example, download the switch to a different machine and transfer it via a USB stick?

TIA

:)

SteveRoach2, Jan 17, 2020
  2. RisherP Win User

Switch Out of S Mode Not Working in Microsoft Store

I finally was able to fix this "Switch Out of S" issue. It is not obvious so I wanted to share.

First, the issue is with the Microsoft Store, not the device. Here are the steps...

• Open the Microsoft Store app
    • Click on the "..." at the upper right of the screen
    • Choose "Downloads and Updates"
    • Scroll down to the Microsoft Store app and click to update
    The update downloaded to my new Surface Go.

Then on your device...

• Go to your device's Windows Settings
    • Select "Update & Security"
    • Select "Activation"
    • Select "Switch Out of S" and go to Microsoft Store
    • Once there you will be able to make the switch
    Talk about painful...

Good luck,

Paulette

RisherP, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, Jan 17, 2020
  4. S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken

1. S Mode switch / Microsoft Store broken - Similar Threads - Mode switch Microsoft

2. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  3. Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in S Mode: Microsoft store to switch out of S Mode not loading!: Been trying to switch out of S Mode on a Windows 11 following the instructions in Windows Support "Switching out of S mode in Windows" unsuccesfully, when I click on the link that redirects to the Microsoft Store, I get the following error:"Try that againSomething happened on...
  4. Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Switching Off S Mode: I have recently bought a new laptop that has Windows 10 Home in S mode. Apparently, it just started in S Mode. I need to switch S Mode off. In order to do this, you have to go to the Microsoft store for the free switch off. I tried switching off; however, nothing happens when...
  5. Switching out of S mode in the Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching out of S mode in the Store: I bought a new HP laptop and it's currently stuck in S Mode. When I go to the Microsoft Store and click on Get to switch out of S Mode I keep getting an error saying to "Try again later" and "Something happened on our end." I've made sure to have to most recent update of the...
  6. Windows 10 LTSC S Mode has no Microsoft Store to Switch from S Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 LTSC S Mode has no Microsoft Store to Switch from S Mode: Acer Laptop came with Windows S mode. I got the LTSC 2019 ISO. Deleted all partitions and did a new clean install but somehow the result was LTSC S Mode. I need to switch out of S mode but LTSC does not have the Microsoft store - how can I make the switch out of s mode? The...
  7. Switch out of s mode not showing on Microsoft store!

Switch out of s mode not showing on Microsoft store!: Just bought a new laptop (old one crashed) and I cannot switch out of s mode!! I followed instructions but when I get to the store, no banner! I also used the search bar, nothing. Can you help! I need to download some programs I need for my teaching job. Esmie Newman...
  8. Switch Out of S Mode Not Working in Microsoft Store

Switch Out of S Mode Not Working in Microsoft Store: I just bought a very nice Surface Go and was impressed by the easy setup right up until the point when I tried to install Chrome. Then the dreaded "S Mode" surfaced. When I follow the instructions in various places and got to the Microsoft Store, I searched the for S Switch...
  9. Switch out of S Mode not available in Microsoft Store

Switch out of S Mode not available in Microsoft Store: I have a new laptop and wish to switch out of S mode. I've followed the link to the Store from Settings/Activation but the Switch out of S mode option is not to be seen in the Store. If I search for Switch out of S mode only some games appear. I've run system updates and have...
  10. Switch out of S Mode page appears in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Switch out of S Mode page appears in Microsoft Store: Here is the "Switch out of S Mode" page in the Microsoft Store on Build 17134. Shows the free switching option that was previously announced. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 108627

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows s mode how to run powershell