Windows 10: s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11

Discus and support s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought this computer as my old one was 5 yrs old and would not update, I must say I am having trouble using this new computer, Everytime I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by p n1, Jun 29, 2022.

1. p n1 Win User

s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11

I just bought this computer as my old one was 5 yrs old and would not update, I must say I am having trouble using this new computer, Everytime I try to install software, a window opens and says win 10 s mode and if I turn it off I can't get it back. I want to use a free vpn, tor to explore the dark web

:)

2. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

We got a new Lenovo Idea pad with I5 processor, 512 GB RAM having Windows 11 in S mode. The Settings menu doesn't show up. Also I need to use or install lot many apps that are not in Windows store. I regularly use a command window for running shell scripts. This laptop with S mode doesn't allow to start a command window. At this point, can I switch back to win 11 home? It says its one way only and cannot come back to S mode. I want to know if I can switch back safely or buy a laptop with windows 11 Home edition without S mode? Appreciate any feedback..

rbperumalla, Jun 29, 2022
  3. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

Thanks David,

Is it Windows "Settings" not showing up is a defect or a feature of Win 11 in S mode? I will try to switch out of S mode. If the issue still persists, I may need to return this laptop to store.

rbperumalla, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Dave xxx Win User

s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11

Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot).

There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2 Windows updates on 12 January: Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 & Microsoft.YourPhone

The following steps have offered no improvement (Win 10 v 1909 18363.592):

i) Advanced Power Settings: PCI Express - change from 'Moderate Power Savings' to 'Off''
    ii) CMD (admin): powercfg -h off
    iii) Uninstalled Phone App: PowerShell (admin) Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool run - No errors detected
    v) Windows drivers appear up to date

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

Dave xxx, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

1. s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11 - Similar Threads - mode try add

2. S Mode WIn 11 New Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode WIn 11 New Laptop: Morning!I have tried every option to try and get out of S Mode that has been presented. Nothing... I try to run a CMD function, it tells me it needs to be a proper Microsoft app and gives me the option to copy to clipboard. I could not prtscreen to show you... but I do not...
  3. s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    s mode when I try to add browsers, window opens says s mode from win 10, I have win 11: I just bought this computer as my old one was 5 yrs old and would not update, I must say I am having trouble using this new computer, Everytime I try to install software, a window opens and says win 10 s mode and if I turn it off I can't get it back. I want to use a free vpn,...
  4. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home: We got a new Lenovo Idea pad with I5 processor, 512 GB RAM having Windows 11 in S mode. The Settings menu doesn't show up. Also I need to use or install lot many apps that are not in Windows store. I regularly use a command window for running shell scripts. This laptop with S...
  5. win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 in S mode back to win 11 home: We got a new Lenovo Idea pad with I5 processor, 512 GB RAM having Windows 11 in S mode. The Settings menu doesn't show up. Also I need to use or install lot many apps that are not in Windows store. I regularly use a command window for running shell scripts. This laptop with S...
  6. Win 10 "S" mode virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 "S" mode virus: I have an ASUS notebook running Win 10 in "S" mode. Supposedly, S mode has its own MS Defender antivirus, but somehow a "SYSTEM ALERT! Click here to remove virus" and "Viruses Found 5 your computer is damaged..." messages keep appearing. All messages come form the...
  7. win 10 in S mode upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 in S mode upgrades: will 64 bit apps run after upgrade from win 10 in S mode to 10 home to 10 pro 64 b cpu ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-in-s-mode-upgrades/0b635ece-3f8f-418d-96bf-a685dc21a2ff
  8. Switching from Win 10 S mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching from Win 10 S mode.: I am having what seems to be a very universal problem. Just bought a new HP Laptop last week that had Win 10 S mode installed. I use it for church activities and we had a big event coming up this past weekend, so I needed to install apps that weren't available through the MS...
  9. Trying to get out of Win 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to get out of Win 10 S mode: I just got a new machine with Win 10 and I want out of S mode. submitted by /u/1ugogimp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1i959/trying_to_get_out_of_win_10_s_mode/
  10. Win 10 S Mode Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 S Mode Questions: Hello all and if you observe, happy Easter or Passover. Next week, a friend is getting an HP laptop that'll be using Windows 10 in S Mode. I'm somewhat familiar with what can and cannot be done but there are a few questions. As there are restrictions in what can be...