Windows 10: S Mode

Discus and support S Mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got a new laptop today - it downloaded and got out of S mode but it later updated HP firmware and now says I can't get out of S Mode. Try going back to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryC-J, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM.

1. MaryC-J Win User

S Mode

Got a new laptop today - it downloaded and got out of S mode but it later updated HP firmware and now says I can't get out of S Mode. Try going back to download and now 'get' button gives error!! Try again later please help!!

:)

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:26 PM
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

S Mode

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Thema:

S Mode

1. S Mode - Similar Threads - Mode

2. Trapped in Windows S Mode!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trapped in Windows S Mode!: I am currently trying to escape Windows Safe mode. I've followed all the instructions, all the videos. Restarted several times, updated every app I have. But none of this is the problem. It's that darn 'Get' button on the Store page. When I go to Start > Settings > Update &...
  3. Can’t switch out of S Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t switch out of S Mode: I got an HP 15.6 “ laptop that came with Windows 10 S Mode installed. When I got to the store to switch off S Mode, I click “Get” but nothing happens, it just reloads the page. I’ve tried going into Task Manager and restarting wuauserv, googling the issue, signing out in the...
  4. Unable to Swith out of S Mode Dell Inspiron 11 3000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Swith out of S Mode Dell Inspiron 11 3000: Just purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 that is running Windows 10 in S Mode. When I try to change it I get the blue get button and when pressed turns grey then nothing I get no install option. Below is what I have tried, Updated all Microsoft APPs Updated Microsoft store am...
  5. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...
  6. Cannot switch out of S Mode, This has rendered my computer useless for work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot switch out of S Mode, This has rendered my computer useless for work: The "Get" button at the "Switch out of S Mode" page in the Microsoft Store does nothing. I cannot install my productivity apps. This has rendered my computer completely useless. I cannot believe Microsoft has this setup to block non-Windows made apps. My videoconferencing,...
  7. Automatically going into sleep mode the moment I start it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatically going into sleep mode the moment I start it: Hiiii Since last few days, whenever I start my laptop it gets on and then suddenly goes into sleep mode. I have to again press the power button and it seems to come out of sleep mode and then functions normally. I haven't changed any settings. I need help to fix this issue....
  8. s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    s mode: I am trying to switch out of s mode, I click on the blue button in the store, it turns gray for a few second then goes blue again and nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode/3981f293-8cff-4071-a737-dbc650fc1895"
  9. "switch out of S mode" application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "switch out of S mode" application: I have followed the instructions on how to get out of S mode and I get there in the Microsoft store but when I click "Get" it doesn't do anything at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-out-of-s-mode-application/81226454-3992-477b-acf6-d91bef54de14"
  10. HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?: Not sure what to do aside from wipe the computer in safe mode? Already tried resetting my password on another device ... the PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable but I don't think that it's connected. submitted by /u/Unlucky-Spell [link] [comments]...