Windows 10: S Mode

Discus and support S Mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got a new laptop today - it downloaded and got out of S mode but it later updated HP firmware and now says I can't get out of S Mode. Try going back to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaryC-J, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM.

1. MaryC-J Win User

S Mode

Got a new laptop today - it downloaded and got out of S mode but it later updated HP firmware and now says I can't get out of S Mode. Try going back to download and now 'get' button gives error!! Try again later please help!!

:)

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:26 PM
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

S Mode

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Thema:

S Mode

1. S Mode - Similar Threads - Mode

2. Switch out of S Mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch out of S Mode not working: When I click "get" to start the switch out of S mode it goes grey for a moment then comes back. I've tried resetting multiple times. What else can I try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-out-of-s-mode-not-working/fc90227a-843c-4b69-b953-7cee62ecf527
  3. Can't switch out of S Mode..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't switch out of S Mode..: I got my little sister an Acer Aspire laptop and when I click "Get" to switch out of S Mode, nothing happens. This same thing happens with all other apps too. submitted by /u/MidgetPusher [link] [comments]...
  4. I am unable to switch out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am unable to switch out of S mode: I've been trying to switch out of S mode for about ten minutes now, and I am unable to do so. When I click 'Free' and enter my PIN, it will remain grey for a few seconds before the 'Free' button returns to being blue; however, when I've tried to click the button again, it...
  5. Dell Inspiron 11 3000 cannot switch out of Windows 10 S Mode

Dell Inspiron 11 3000 cannot switch out of Windows 10 S Mode: My wife just purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 that came running Windows 10 home S mode. She needs to use google chrome for her work and because of S mode cannot install. We tried to switch it in the store and when we press the blue get button it changes to gray then back to...
  6. Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode: Very recently, when I close my laptop set to put it in sleep mode all apps are closed. It happens even if I put it in sleep mode without closing the laptop. This is causing loss of work, and a slow restart when I have to reopen tabs. I have checked and double checked all...
  7. Switching out of S Mode - won't install

Switching out of S Mode - won't install: I am trying to switch out of S mode. One I click on "Get" in the Microsoft store, it doesn't do anything. It will not let me install. I just keep hitting "Get" and it doesn't do anything. Please help. Everything I've read online tells me to follow the steps, click Get,...
  8. cannot get out of windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot get out of windows safe mode: pressed the get button nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-windows-safe-mode/ee25ffc3-49e3-4ab4-8208-221cb9bef4ec
  9. Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode: I have a Dell Latitude running Windows 10 Pro which sits on a table next to my armchair, it is a single user machine and generally plugged into a power supply. I would like to be able to open the lid or press a key and wake it from sleep and have it take me to my desk top...
  10. BSOD Kernel mode heap corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel mode heap corruption: I have been getting problems with BSOD crashes and the Kernel mode heap corruption error message. It's not frequent but happens about once every two weeks. Here is a link to the latest two dump-files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlYE6eA9xIPlum_8V_iiQ8WdqjhA?e=IaR0pE...