Windows 10: S mode

Discus and support S mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a question. Since I came out of S mode, I don't know if im going to get updates anymore and I want to know if theres a way that I could go back... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by QuestionMan_2121, May 7, 2020.

1. S mode

I have a question. Since I came out of S mode, I don't know if im going to get updates anymore and I want to know if theres a way that I could go back to S mode without paying anything.

:)

QuestionMan_2121, May 7, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 7, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 7, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

S mode

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, May 7, 2020
Thema:

S mode

1. S mode - Similar Threads - mode

2. Blue Screen Error + Can't boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error + Can't boot into safe mode: Hi, as of 05/26/2020 my HP Omen 15t laptop crashed shortly after I tried to uninstall Discord to resolve app crashes. Upon the laptop's first crash, I attempted to boot into safe mode to check to see if it was an issue with updates. However, I was launched into an error...
  3. ACPI ATK0100 kernel mode driver not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ACPI ATK0100 kernel mode driver not installed: I recently pulled the HDD from my ASUS N61JQ-X1 to a Panasonic laptop I had received from work that was new-ish fresh from packaging, highly outdated as it still ran Win7 & has very outdated components that they had to get rid of due to lifcycle replacement. It is giving me...
  4. stuck in s mode; office apps won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck in s mode; office apps won't work: When I got my laptop two months ago, I switched out of S mode and had no problems until last week. Something happened--my laptop was on but I wasn't working on it, and I noticed it had a blue screen and some message but it disappeared before I could read it. Now it is back in...
  5. Dark mode in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode in File Explorer: I prefer dark mode and I used to have dark mode for my programs and File Explorer. However after installation of some zip files the mode got light. I tried to delete files in question but it didn’t help. What’s your advice? Thank you....
  6. i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a dell inspiron 15 7559 it wont go into safe mode with network: windows 10 build 18363.836 157176
  7. Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get out of S-mode without signing in to MS account?: I work partly as an it-admin at the school i work at, and a student has bought a PC and it came with Windows S-mode. This student needs some important apps that are not in the MS Store. I go to settings and find the activation, but it prompts me to sign into a MS account. All...
  8. Why can’t I exit Debug mode?

Why can’t I exit Debug mode?: I entered Debug mode in Windows 10 then I tried to exit Debug mode by either CMD and MSConfig. After doing that they said that this cannot be done in Secure Boot. Then I turned off Secure Boot and tried to exit Debug mode. They said that the operation was successful but after...
  9. Why can’t I exit Debug mode?

Why can’t I exit Debug mode?: I entered Debug mode in Windows 10 then I tried to exit Debug mode by either CMD and MSConfig. After doing that they said that this cannot be done in Secure Boot. Then I turned off Secure Boot and tried to exit Debug mode. They said that the operation was successful but after...
  10. I started my computer in safe mode with cmd, for some reason i exited the cmd and now i’m...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I started my computer in safe mode with cmd, for some reason i exited the cmd and now i’m...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maelcat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grab3w/i_started_my_computer_in_safe_mode_with_cmd_for/