Windows 10: S Mode

Discus and support S Mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I follow instructions to get rid of S Mode. I get a message, "something went wrong on our end...please try again later" I click on ok and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DonDeGroot, May 30, 2020.

1. S Mode

When I follow instructions to get rid of S Mode. I get a message, "something went wrong on our end...please try again later" I click on ok and it says working on it. When is Windows going to fix this? It has been going on for a week with no fix. this is a new computer I can not use because I can't get out of S Mode.

:)

DonDeGroot, May 30, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 30, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 30, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

S Mode

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, May 30, 2020
Thema:

S Mode

1. S Mode - Similar Threads - Mode

2. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  3. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  4. When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...: When a device is Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that it will never get a virus, trojan...even from emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-device-is-in-windows-in-s-mode-is-there-a/37a24424-1730-4bee-bbb9-7a39003885de
  5. When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...

When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...: When a device is Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that it will never get a virus, trojan...even from emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-a-device-is-in-windows-in-s-mode-is-there-a/37a24424-1730-4bee-bbb9-7a39003885de
  6. When a device is in Windows in S mode, is there a 100% guarantee that that device will...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. When a PC is in Windows 10 S mode, can the User download MP3 files from a USB device,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a PC is in Windows 10 S mode, can the User download MP3 files from a USB device,...: When a PC is in S Mode, Windows 10 11, as well, can they download/transfer MP3 files from a USB device, phone, etc...? If not, does S mode have to be removed to download/transfer MP3s?...
  8. When a PC is in Windows 10 S mode, can the User download MP3 files from a USB device,...

When a PC is in Windows 10 S mode, can the User download MP3 files from a USB device,...: When a PC is in S Mode, Windows 10 11, as well, can they download/transfer MP3 files from a USB device, phone, etc...? If not, does S mode have to be removed to download/transfer MP3s?...
  9. When a PC is in Windows 10 S mode, can the User download MP3 files from a USB device,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mega slow USB speed in normal Windows 10 mode, but very good in Safe mode: Hello I need help.I have very slow speed with any USB flash memory and very good speed if it is external HDD.If I boot to Safe mode the speed of the same USB flash memory is perfect!Here are the screenshoots to compare:Normal mode:Safe mode:...