Windows 10: “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

Discus and support “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by salomonsFortnite account, Jun 7, 2020.

1. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the kids hit a button that created this shortcut?

:)

salomonsFortnite account, Jun 7, 2020

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 7, 2020
  4. essenbe Win User

“S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

essenbe, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

“S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

1. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken? - Similar Threads - “S” shortcut Keyboard

2. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  3. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  4. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs. Same thing happens if I type run or command in menu, white shortcuts and do not open...
  5. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  6. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  7. Shortcuts broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcuts broken: [ATTACH] I recently updated my PC (yesterday) and all my shortcuts are now broken .url files.is there a way to fix this other than recreating the shortcuts? https://preview.redd.it/tm54cduglkp61.png?width=617&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9da703bce7a832077ee189d9a1262864c272beb...
  8. tzutil /s is broken

tzutil /s is broken: I cant change my time zone normaly, because it says that an administrator needs to do it. i am the admin and tzutil /s doesnt work. it just says: TZUTIL: Invalid number of arguments for /s. Use TZUTIL /? for a list of valid options. I am running the normal tzutil /s...
  9. Ctrl Shortcuts Broken

Ctrl Shortcuts Broken: They only break when I'm playing a game, but here's a list of things people told me and it didn't work. -updating drivers -running troubleshooter -sfc /scannow...
  10. These are Windows 10's new keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 News
    These are Windows 10's new keyboard shortcuts: The Windows 10 Technical Preview adds all sorts of nifty new features designed to appeal to PC power users, but it also includes some nifty newcomers that you can’t actually see—fresh keyboard shortcuts!...