Windows 10: S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.

Discus and support S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to take a screenshot of the lesson done in class and when I pressed the WIn+Shift+S to take the screenshot, for some reason, it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Srihan Balanagu, Aug 19, 2021.

1. S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.

I was trying to take a screenshot of the lesson done in class and when I pressed the WIn+Shift+S to take the screenshot, for some reason, it is not working. At first I thought this was a problem of the app and tried to reset as every key of my keyboard is working. But no, it was not. When I got suspicious of the keyboard and went to Anti-ghosting Testing Site. I got to know this that when I pressed the W,S and space keys individually, it works fine. But When I press it with Win+Shift, it doesn't work. My keyboard has a special RGB profile where the the LED of the key goes off when I press it.

:)

Srihan Balanagu, Aug 19, 2021
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Beep sound on pressing Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Ivan,

From the above description, I understand you are hearing a beep tone on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys at once on the computer. Please reply to a few questions asked below for better understanding and further assistance on the issue:

• Why are you pressing Shift + Space +
      W
      keys together?
    • Are you pressing the keys together on any particular application?
    • Which build is currently running on the computer?

Method 1: Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, check if you have enabled settings to notify you via sound on pressing shortcut keys on the keyboard by following
    the steps below:

• Press Window logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      window on the computer.
    • Select Ease of Access and click on Keyboard from the left side panel of the window.
    • On the right side panel, under Other Settings, check if
      Make a sound when turning a setting on or off with a shortcut is switched on. If yes, slide the bar to disable and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists,
    boot the computer in Clean boot state and check if the issue is caused due to any of the installed third party applications/programs.

Putting the system in Clean boot will enable the PC to start using minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Refer to the section How to perform a clean boot for
    Windows 10 from the article.

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of beep sound on pressing
    Shift + Space + W keys on the keyboard on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 19, 2021
  4. m3110w Win User

S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.

HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

I am pressing them together, even though it doesn't appear on the Kybd Event Viewer screenshot. Both shift keys are working normally with other keys. But for some reason neither shift key works with the single-quote key.

I did try Sticky Keys and it works! The double quote character appears when I use it. However, it works for ALL keys, which isn't good for me; I'd have to totally change my typing patterns. I only want it to work with the single-quote key, and I don't think that's possible. The ShortKeys solution works well.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers,

m3110w, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.

1. S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key. - Similar Threads - Space keys working

2. İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time: İ this pc for likelmo t 5 month i rlly like it tho there is a problem its a "laptop" so i buyed a keyboard for it. it had no porblems until now. Now i cant press w and space at this keyboard but i still can do at the laptop keyboard note the keyboard i buyed is kb-r52 rampage...
  3. İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    İcan't press the "w" and space keys at the same time: İ this pc for likelmo t 5 month i rlly like it tho there is a problem its a "laptop" so i buyed a keyboard for it. it had no porblems until now. Now i cant press w and space at this keyboard but i still can do at the laptop keyboard note the keyboard i buyed is kb-r52 rampage...
  4. My shift key is not working as I am pressing shift key along with other keys but its not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift key is not working as I am pressing shift key along with other keys but its not...: hello, Microsoft community,Shift key is not working in my laptop.I have tried to update the keyboard from device manager that was not helpful still facing same problem.Toggle keys are off on the system.please help me to fix it so I can resume my works.Thankyou....
  5. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  6. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key: All the things I've tried so far:Bought a new keyboardUninstalled and reinstalled keyboard files under device managerUninstalled and reinstalled iCue for Corsair both old and new keyboards are CorsairPlugged the keyboard into a different USB slotA couple of command prompt...
  7. The R key will not work unless pressed in combination with the Shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pressing Shift + W + 1 does not detect the 1 key-press: When I press Shift + W, I can press any other key such as 2, 3, etc. but 1 is not detected.Pressing any other alphabet key such as Q, E, etc. + 1 is detected as well.But only when pressing Shift + W + 1, the 1 is not registered.This is very annoying as when I am playing a...
  9. 2, w, and s keys not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2, w, and s keys not working?: got a nice laptop a month or two ago, and i've been playing some games with it online with friends. during game my keys just stop working. I can't use them outside of game either... any help? submitted by /u/ok_phatty [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works: When I do this combination, my desktop comes up without Icons. I can take a snip of it.....but who wants to do that. Please help just did a update yesterday 5/22/2020 and it no longer works. When I do that keystrok, what comes up on my monitors I have 3 and all three the...