Windows 10: Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

Discus and support Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It has its own power supply, and I've tried the front and back USB ports on my tower. The lights are all on, and I can hear the hard drive itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PlayStation13, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

It has its own power supply, and I've tried the front and back USB ports on my tower. The lights are all on, and I can hear the hard drive itself running, and yet the computer doesn't detect it in any way.

The hard drive is a 250GB Maxtor IDE HDD. I've tried these jumper settings: Master, Slave, and Cable Select. And yet, nothing.

:)

PlayStation13, Mar 24, 2017
  2. Ares700 Win User

Moving files from Windows 10 Hardrive to a new computer.

I am using my dads external hard drive sleeve (Sabrent. 3.5 SATA/IDE Hard drive aluminum usb 2.0.) I attach my hard drive through its sata connection and such plug it in to my temporary computer. I can access all files accept the User file which has my important
    data on it. I can access my program files and such. It just loads forever when I click on the user file and never loads. Does that mean I can't access my files?

Ares700, Mar 24, 2017
  3. SABRENT USB-STP3 USB 2.0 to SATA.

Dear LCRT.

My apologies. I will pay stricter attention to what I post in the future.

God bless you.

Oliver.

Mr BennettXC, Mar 24, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

Have you swapped with a known-working USB cable? How old is the box the drive is in? Some older IDE2USB boxes' drivers stopped working past XP. Also the PCB inside the box could be bad. Do you have any way to hook up the drive directly?

simrick, Mar 24, 2017
  5. A link to the actual unit in question might help. I have a couple of Sabrent adapters here and all work fine in Windows 10. I have one for USB 2 IDE (laptop and desktop) SATA adapter with power supply that works fine. Plus a couple of Sabrent USB Drive enclosures.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected.

1. Sabrent USB 2.0 IDE/SATA Hard Disk Drive to USB not detected. - Similar Threads - Sabrent USB IDE

2. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  3. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  4. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  5. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  6. USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.: This is similar to other questions about SSD drives not recognized by Windows. I was copying files from C:\Users on my old PC to a Verico 256Gig USB Flash Drive. It must have copied a file that caused the USB Flash Drive to start but it doesn't configure. Instead,...
  7. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  8. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  9. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  10. IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update

IDE->USB/SATA->USB adapters no longer working after Creators Update: I have an R-Driver III USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Cable (Comes with an AC adapter) and a SODIAL USB 3.0 to SATA III Cable (USB power only). I have tried to format 2 IDE drives on the 2.0 cable and one drive on the 3.0 cable. Using the 2.0 cable I have incessant disconnecting and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb 2.0 to sata/ide windows 10

2. cant access my sabrent hardware