Windows 10: saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4

Discus and support saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Wireshark, we observe either sending a packet with saddr = my machine, or receiving a packet with daddr = my machine. But in ETW event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hapablanha, Mar 7, 2019.

1. saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4

Using Wireshark, we observe either sending a packet with saddr = my machine, or receiving a packet with daddr = my machine. But in ETW event TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4, we often found saddr and daddr appears in the opposite way.

:)

Hapablanha, Mar 7, 2019
  2. pk-wg Win User

ETW Event Tracing

Is it possible to consume ETW events in device drivers (kernel mode)?

pk-wg, Mar 7, 2019
  3. ETW

I, too, am having difficulty capturing ETW events within a container. The listening process is running inside the container where the ETW events should be getting generated.

wswartzendruber(2), Mar 7, 2019
  4. plogan1 Win User

saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4

ETW

Is it possible to monitor processes running inside a docker windows container with ETW? I've tried to run it using logman, and using providers that log events perfectly outside of a container result in an empty log when run inside a container (even when
    run with --isolation=hyperv).

Any help would be much appreciated.

plogan1, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4

1. saddr and daddr of ETW event trace TcpIpRecvIPv4 and UdpIpRecvIPv4 - Similar Threads - saddr daddr ETW

2. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary event: When does this event get triggered. I can find no documentation about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etw-tcpconnectionsummary-event/75a484d9-088b-4d89-9157-7bafb1ea1f20
  3. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Etw TcpConnectionSummary event: When does this event get triggered. I can find no documentation about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etw-tcpconnectionsummary-event/75a484d9-088b-4d89-9157-7bafb1ea1f20
  4. Etw TcpConnectionSummary event

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Event Tracing - Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Tracing - Kernel Power: So my issue is likely either CPU RAM or GPU related, but ive replaced all 3 recently so my budget is out of hot swapping parts to test. Now i need to confirm my issue before replacing whatever need be. My CPU cooler was recently mounted not fully flush and was on an...
  6. Event Tracing - Kernel Power

Event Tracing - Kernel Power: So my issue is likely either CPU RAM or GPU related, but ive replaced all 3 recently so my budget is out of hot swapping parts to test. Now i need to confirm my issue before replacing whatever need be. My CPU cooler was recently mounted not fully flush and was on an...
  7. kernel event tracing eror on event viewer

kernel event tracing eror on event viewer: hello I have recently noticed my laptop issues me multiple errors stating that "The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to this session until space becomes available. This error is...
  8. Event 2 - Kernel-Event Tracing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event 2 - Kernel-Event Tracing: Even viewer says: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 Source: Kernel Tracing Event ID: 2 Level: Error OpCode: Start Does anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/JailBirdNC [link]...
  9. Announcing TraceProcessor Preview 0.1.0 to process ETW traces in .NET

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing TraceProcessor Preview 0.1.0 to process ETW traces in .NET: Process ETW traces in .NET. Background Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) is a powerful trace collection system built-in to the Windows operating system. Windows has deep integration with ETW, including data on system behavior all the way down to the kernel for events like...
  10. Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing: Umm, today I've been solving all kinds of event errors but this one remained unsolved mostly because I can't find any info about it. It shows in event viewer log on every boot / win restart. I don't know what it is and how does it affects me. I would be grateful if someone...