Windows 10: Safe boot asking for a password

Discus and support Safe boot asking for a password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i was trying to downgrade my drivers for my graphics card. Put my pc into safe boot, it’s asking for a password i use a pin. I tried to boot my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JordanPolite, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Safe boot asking for a password

So, i was trying to downgrade my drivers for my graphics card. Put my pc into safe boot, it’s asking for a password i use a pin. I tried to boot my pc normal but nothing is working. I go into advanced settings by pressing restart and shift on the screen that is asking me for the password. I go to command prompt but its asking a password. I reset my ms password to no avail. What else can i do?

I dont have a usb on hand to go through the windows creation tool method

:)

JordanPolite, Jul 2, 2019
  2. MrSeanKon Win User

Password safe: Start your safe and simplified digital life.

Well some days ago our forum hacked.
    Admins suggest us to reset our passwords. Many of us are members to other forums/sites also.
    Password safe is a good utility which helps to maintain multiple passwords. Download it here and enjoy!

MrSeanKon, Jul 2, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Safe boot asking for a password

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Safe boot asking for a password

1. Safe boot asking for a password - Similar Threads - Safe boot asking

2. Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into safe mode, even when I select to boot normally. Then it asks for my username and password, but I never set up a username,...
  3. Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically boots into safe mode and asking for username and password: My computer was lagging, then shortly after, it froze. I had to shut it down by pressing the power button. When I rebooted, it now automatically goes into safe mode, even when I select to boot normally. Then it asks for my username and password, but I never set up a username,...
  4. Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asks for Passwords on Cold Boot / Reboot: Again, like dark theme by time, Android and iOS do this already, it's safer than allowing Windows Hello all the time. IIRC there is a Group Policy option for this(?), but this should be a function for all. Cheers. submitted by /u/loyukfai [link] [comments]...
  5. Password not recognized booting in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not recognized booting in safe mode: Cannot boot in safe mode because password is not recognized. Changed 3 times and am able to log on a diff. computer. Have been at it for close to 7 hrs and no results. Can't get administrator command prompt. Have initiated safe mode with networking but password not...
  6. Incorrect Password Safe Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Password Safe Boot: So I decided to download AMD cleanup utility. After launching it, it recommended my laptop to start in Safe Mode. So when my pc restarted it showed me to enter my Microsoft password instead of PIN. So I entered the correct password confirmed it by clicking the eye option..but...
  7. Safe Boot lockout for password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Safe Boot lockout for password: I tried to SAFE BOOT my PC and restarted it, however, I can not get passed the ENTER PASSWORD screen when I rebooted. I tried changing my password for MS account but that does not help. How can I undo or bypass the safe boot and just simply get back to a normal startup? I...
  8. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  9. Safe Boot restart password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Boot restart password incorrect: I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect .. I check the key bord and tring on screen key bord. Pls help me.....
  10. Booted into Safe Mode, Didn't Have a Password, Windows is Asking for Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booted into Safe Mode, Didn't Have a Password, Windows is Asking for Password: I have a four digit pin, and I don't have any sort of password for my user. I booted into safe mode for some personal work, but when I enter my pin, Windows gives me an error saying wrong password. when I use my MS Account password, then again its a wrong password. I am stuck...