Windows 10: Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password

Discus and support Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I searched for msconfig by using the windows + r shortcut and then I turned on safe boot. After doing that, I was asked to restart my laptop and when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rekahdo, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Rekahdo Win User

Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password

I searched for msconfig by using the windows + r shortcut and then I turned on safe boot. After doing that, I was asked to restart my laptop and when my laptop was done restarting, I tried entering my password but it kept on saying the password was wrong. I tried connecting my laptop to the internet via Wi-fi so I can reset the password but I couldn't even connect and it didn't give me theforgot password option. I don't know what to do right now. Please I need assistance.

:)

Rekahdo, Jul 13, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password

Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

Hi..

I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

See here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

hope it helps

vanshitavanshita, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password

1. Safe Boot on Windows 10 doesn't accept my password - Similar Threads - Safe Boot doesn't

2. Safe Mode not accepting my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  3. Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password: I booted into safe mode from msconfig and Windows won't accept any of the user passwords. I found instructions that said to hold shift while restarting and then selecting safe mode with networking but it still won't accept any passwords. I can't get it to boot back into...
  4. Windows safe mode not accepting my password!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows safe mode not accepting my password!?: So i want to clean my GPU drivers but for that i need to delete the drivers, and for that i need to go in safe mode. When i am in safe mode the password is incorrect. I changed it, put old passwords and etc. But nothing seems to work, what could i do? In safe mode it does...
  5. in safe mode and it will not accept my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in safe mode and it will not accept my password: I have been try something from the microsoft web-site tellingme to try and run this office program ,so it told me to open the the computer up using the safe-mode whichi did, when it restarted it ask me for mypassword, which i put in, and all it said is incorrect password...
  6. Windows 10 on safe mode doesn't accept my password

Windows 10 on safe mode doesn't accept my password: Oh no no no. Closing this topic just like that? This question was asked over 5 years ago and people still bump into this problem. I got my password reset and still cannot log into my computer after I got stuck in the unSafe Mode. This is absurd, why is this still a thing...
  7. Windows 10 Safe Mode not accepting my Passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Safe Mode not accepting my Passwords: So, I am trying to delete a file that I don't need because I don't have the app that uses the file but I still can't delete it because file explorer says that the file is in use by the system. Keep in mind that this isn't important for windows to run. So I go into safe mode...
  8. Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode

Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode: I was trying to boot into safe mode and windows 10 would not accept my password. I would like to get into safe mode. Windows home, only one account. (I am having trouble uninstalling applications and thought to try it in safe mode.) Thanks....
  9. (SOLVED) Windows 10 Safe mode doesn't accept my password

(SOLVED) Windows 10 Safe mode doesn't accept my password: I bassically activated safe mode for every startup. When i log in normally i use a pin but now i need to enter a password and before i had a pin i didn't change my password so im bassically locked out of my own computer. How do i fix this? Sincerely, Gabriel...
  10. Windows 10 Safe mode doesn't accept my password

Windows 10 Safe mode doesn't accept my password: I bassically activated safe mode for every startup. When i log in normally i use a pin but now i need to enter a password and before i had a pin i didn't change my password so im bassically locked out of my own computer. How do i fix this? Sincerely, Gabriel...