Windows 10: safe boot problems

Discus and support safe boot problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Three days after I installed a insiders build it placed my computer in safe mode now I cannot get past sign-in and if I did windows 10 will not load.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Russ64XK, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Russ64XK Win User

safe boot problems

Three days after I installed a insiders build it placed my computer in safe mode now I cannot get past sign-in and if I did windows 10 will not load.

:)

Russ64XK, Aug 27, 2018

2. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Aug 27, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 27, 2018
  4. safe boot problems

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

safe boot problems

1. safe boot problems - Similar Threads - safe boot problems

2. safe boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    safe boot: HiWhat happens if I check safe boot?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot/a33b38d0-2b5a-4f80-a7d6-0e7e8c31d555
  3. safe boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    safe boot: HiWhat happens if I check safe boot?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-boot/a33b38d0-2b5a-4f80-a7d6-0e7e8c31d555
  4. safe boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem booting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem booting in safe mode: Hello I have a dell laptop running windows 10 it was running really slow so I run the repair utility on it and now it won’t start it keeps looping to the repair utility I really need to boot it up just to get data off it please help...
  6. Problem booting in safe mode

Problem booting in safe mode: Hello I have a dell laptop running windows 10 it was running really slow so I run the repair utility on it and now it won’t start it keeps looping to the repair utility I really need to boot it up just to get data off it please help...
  7. Problem booting in safe mode

8. Win11 safe mode boot problem

Win11 safe mode boot problem: Windows 11 Pro - ver 21H2X570 Asus Motherboard with Ryzen 5950X, 128Gb, M2 Raid boot + SATA storage, virtualization, UEFI + safe boot.After enabling memory integrity and removing some old drivers preventing memory integrity protection, fall into strange problems with booting:...
  9. Win11 safe mode boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 safe mode boot problem: Windows 11 Pro - ver 21H2X570 Asus Motherboard with Ryzen 5950X, 128Gb, M2 Raid boot + SATA storage, virtualization, UEFI + safe boot.After enabling memory integrity and removing some old drivers preventing memory integrity protection, fall into strange problems with booting:...
  10. Safe boot mode problem

Safe boot mode problem: After leaving my pc open for sometime one of the apps crashed so Badly. Whenever i reboot my pc becomes frozen after sometime or when I press an option in the sign-in menu. This probably was asked before and the solution to the freezings was going into safe mode.As I...