Windows 10: Safe Boot restart password incorrect

Discus and support Safe Boot restart password incorrect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect .. I check the key bord and tring... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K.L.R.PERERA, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Safe Boot restart password incorrect

I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect ..

I check the key bord and tring on screen key bord. Pls help me..

:)

K.L.R.PERERA, Aug 21, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Password incorrect

How do I get out of safe mode so I can reset my settings?

1. Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
    3. In the window, click on Boot tab.
    4. uncheck Safe boot, click on Apply and Ok. Restart
    Not sure why it started in Safe mode. May have been out of sync with your phone from prev incorrect password. See if restart fixes. At least, you know what your universal MS password is. *Wink

mrgeek, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Billb2008 Win User
    Password incorrect

R. Thanks, will try that later tonight. ☺

Billb2008, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Safe Boot restart password incorrect

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Safe Boot restart password incorrect

1. Safe Boot restart password incorrect - Similar Threads - Safe Boot restart

2. safe mode Password incorrect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode Password incorrect?: this morning I opened my laptop it was working just fine the night before and while it was still booting I accidentally clicked f8 not sure if it has to do with anything so when I tried to log in it keeps telling me my password is incorrect, I’ve tried to restart it and turn...
  3. Safe mode - incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode - incorrect password: After booting in safe mode on windows 10, I am unable to login because it is saying 'incorrect password' even if I enter my current correct password. I came to know that I should use my first Microsoft account password.. Which I forgot long ago. Is there any way to get that...
  4. Safe mode incorrect password error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode incorrect password error: I wanted to reboot my computer to run my bit defender antivirus scan in safe mode so I changed msconfihe system configuration to safe mode with network. After rebooting I had password incorrect error so I could not access or exit safe mode. In this case I had to use another...
  5. Incorrect password during safe boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect password during safe boot: Hello! So I'm kinda getting gray hairs over this now. I'm trying to boot into safe mode, but I cannot get past the login screen, keeps telling me I have an incorrect password. The one I am writing to you from is my Microsoft account, so obviously I know my password....
  6. Incorrect password in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password in Safe Mode: I'm using Windows 10 1909. This is a fresh installation/system restore. I log into windows using my Microsoft account, and use Windows Hello and have configured a PIN. I needed to boot into Safe Mode, and at the login screen it displayed my name. I entered my Microsoft...
  7. Safe mode password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode password incorrect: I have been having the worst experience ever because of no internet connection detected in aafe mode even with internet option enabled , i can't use my pc because windows won't accept my god damn password . At this point i wanna know whats the god damn problem with providing...
  8. Incorrect password in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect password in safe mode.: After updating my graphics driver my pc froze. I then force restarted it, the company logo appeared and then the blank screen. I restarted it couple of times again and i found safe mode. But whenever I type my password it shows incorrect. I'm not able to uninstall the driver...
  9. Incorrect Password Safe Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Password Safe Boot: So I decided to download AMD cleanup utility. After launching it, it recommended my laptop to start in Safe Mode. So when my pc restarted it showed me to enter my Microsoft password instead of PIN. So I entered the correct password confirmed it by clicking the eye option..but...
  10. HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?: Not sure what to do aside from wipe the computer in safe mode? Already tried resetting my password on another device ... the PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable but I don't think that it's connected. submitted by /u/Unlucky-Spell [link] [comments]...