Windows 10: Safe Boot w/ Networking

Discus and support Safe Boot w/ Networking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with safe boot with networking. It is asking me for a password, for context I only have one account mine which is an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuisGonzalez670, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Safe Boot w/ Networking

Hello,

I am having an issue with safe boot with networking. It is asking me for a password, for context I only have one account mine which is an administrator and it is a NON local account I signed in with my Microsoft account. When I go into safe boot, I input my Microsoft password and it still tells me password is incorrect. I reset my computer before, I had a local account and reset my entire PC and re-installed windows and decided it is best to sign in with MS account. Is it possible it is still using my old local account password?

:)

LuisGonzalez670, Feb 5, 2020

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Feb 5, 2020
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Safe Boot w/ Networking

Safe mode with networking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Sometimes it might not work since safe mode allows only a minimum drivers.

I would suggest you run the Network Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your issue.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Network Adapter. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Safe Boot w/ Networking

1. Safe Boot w/ Networking - Similar Threads - Safe Boot Networking

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you run Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on...: Greetings, and hello I was wondering if it's possible to run a FULL virus scan in Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.2 in Safe Mode and/or Safe Mode w/Networking on Win 10 Pro, 64-bit? I think it may detect things/more things than it would vs. running a FULL virus scan in Normal...
  6. Suddenly can't log in safe mode w/ networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly can't log in safe mode w/ networking: For the past few months, my notebook has been crashing with too many BSOD problems, and everytime is a different cause, so I just decided to use it in safe mode until I can afford to buy a new one. And for months I've been using it on safe mode with no issues at all, but...
  7. No Boot W/ HDMI??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Boot W/ HDMI??: hi all. whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged it all in, checked my power leads etc etc, pressed the case button - nothing. at all. power off, recheck etc etc, retry -...
  8. No Boot W/ HDMI??

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot W/ HDMI??: hi all. whilst looking into stuff about my other power-off issues, i decided to change my monitor cable to an HDMI as i ended up w/ one spare. plugged it all in, checked my power leads etc etc, pressed the case button - nothing. at all. power off, recheck etc etc, retry -...
  9. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...