Windows 10: Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

Discus and support Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer Also it said that there was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BBTing1, Apr 5, 2022.

1. BBTing1 Win User

Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer Also it said that there was no default app to run it. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time & date screen. This also happens in Safe Mode, and using command prompt's sfc /scannow didn't work because of permission issues stated above. Please help.

:)

BBTing1, Apr 5, 2022

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

Hi

I have this problem and do not know how to solve it. For some time and up to now I can’t enter in Safe Mode. I can login normally in normal mode, but when I restart and boot in Safe Mode (safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt, it is the same), few seconds after appearing in the login screen, Windows freezes. I can type the password + Enter fast and then I see the desktop, but it just then freezes, or I can type slowly and it will freeze during typing, or do nothing and wait in login/lock screen and it will freeze after few seconds...

I have made chkdsk c: /f /r at boot, all is ok!, I have done from admin command prompt sfc /scannow and all dism scan check and restore, everything is ok...I am desesperate as I need to make some tasks from safe mode (clean uninstallations, or simply to have it available in case of problem in normal mode!), and I can’t use it at all!

I have win10 pro with last updates.

Please could you point me to some solution or hint? Thanks a lot!

Darkbluesky, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

1. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues - Similar Threads - Safe Mode normal

2. User accounts created from safe mode with CMD does not show in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts created from safe mode with CMD does not show in login screen: Hi! So here's my problem, I got locked out of my main and only one Local Admin Account. I only have one separate account which is a standard userDomain Account, so making changes theree.g Comp Mgmt and Group Policy wont work since it is a standard user . I tried booting with...
  3. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues: By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time & date screen. This also happens in Safe Mode, and using...
  4. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues: By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time & date screen. This also happens in Safe Mode, and using...
  5. User not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User not showing up on login screen: So, I was playing Black Desert Online when my house had a power outage, after the power came back on and I turned on my PC, the user I was logged into was gone off the windows login screen. I had checked on another user open the computer, and within C:\Users, the folder where...
  6. Safe Mode / login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode / login issues: Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad which i haven't opened in about 2 years, I just tried to turn it on today and it keeps either showing the Lenovo sign and a dotted rotating circle or 'Scanning and fixing D:' I cant go into safe mode and no matter what the screen always ends up...
  7. Safe mode login issues...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode login issues...: Stuck in safe mode! Tried using microsoft password, cant get into command prompt, it wont let me login now!!! submitted by /u/XXXTYLING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pqev/safe_mode_login_issues/
  8. Login issue in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login issue in safe mode: I had to remove a driver for camcorder and used an utility downloaded from the developer website. While launching the app, the system suggested to boot in a safe mode. Here my problem has started. The system denied to accept my password to the Microsoft account. I tried the...
  9. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode: My PC always Boots up into 'SAFE mode'. How do I Boot up in normal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-safe-vs-normal-mode/5aa99c05-5456-4fe6-a38c-6765b8046b9c
  10. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode: Hi I have this problem and do not know how to solve it. For some time and up to now I can’t enter in Safe Mode. I can login normally in normal mode, but when I restart and boot in Safe Mode (safe mode, safe mode with networking, or safe mode with command prompt, it is the...