Windows 10: Safe mode blocking login. no password works.

Discus and support Safe mode blocking login. no password works. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Another safety program switched me to Safe Mode but it is now stuck with none of my passwords working. Safe mode doesn't open an neither does anything... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AllanBruckheim, May 19, 2020.

1. Safe mode blocking login. no password works.

Another safety program switched me to Safe Mode but it is now stuck with none of my passwords working. Safe mode doesn't open an neither does anything else. Gotta be a way in, but how?

:)

AllanBruckheim, May 19, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 19, 2020
  3. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, May 19, 2020
  4. Safe mode blocking login. no password works.

Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Safe mode blocking login. no password works.

1. Safe mode blocking login. no password works. - Similar Threads - Safe mode blocking

2. Windows password not working in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows password not working in safe mode: When I try booting into safe mode I try logging in from the lock screen my password doesn't work and I'm worried when I tried leaving safe mode by doing shift restart then going to command prompt it asks me for a password and when I...
  3. Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode: yesterday i i was trying to uninstall my display drivers with ddu, so i booted up in safe mode as it told me to, but for some reason both my microsoft account password and PIN doesn't work. I searched up tons of solutions online and none worked for me. bcbedit didnt work,...
  4. Password stopped working. Can login to safe mode but not normal windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password stopped working. Can login to safe mode but not normal windows: For some reason my password just stopped working. It says my password is incorrect. I can login on safe mode using my nornal password but not normal mode. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/riruponpu [link] [comments]...
  5. Stuck in safe mode login, password is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode login, password is not working: Hi, i was trying to remove my gpu drivers and to do so the program rebooted me into safe mode. Safe mode will not let me login using my password. It keeps saying its incorrect which it is not because i just logged in. Is there a way to bypass this or get through this safe...
  6. Block safe mode

Block safe mode: Hi, I read that editing the registry with: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System SafeModeBlockNonAdmins = 1 Will block safe mode for non admin accounts. Can anyone confirm this? Also, is this DWORD created by the user, or is...
  7. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  8. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...
  9. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...
  10. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....