Windows 10: Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

Discus and support Safe Mode fails and unable to boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error : SYSTEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoaquinBlanco1, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

While trying to install a new graphics card driver I selected via msconfig to reboot in safe mode. However upon rebooting came up with error :

SYSTEM THREAD EXEMPTION NOT HANDLED - mssecflt.sys. Needless to say I used most of the advanced options and still no joy, meaning no access to tons of my data. My OS Build is 19587.1000 Any advice to help me solve this issue much appreciated.

Thanks

Joaquin

:)

JoaquinBlanco1, Mar 27, 2020

2. unable to boot into safe mode

i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Braveheart, Mar 27, 2020
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 27, 2020
  4. coopfab Win User

Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Safe Mode fails and unable to boot.

1. Safe Mode fails and unable to boot. - Similar Threads - Safe Mode fails

2. Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not signing in and unable to boot into safe mode: Hi, whenever I try to sign in to my laptop I get a blank screen with the text Microsoft account at the top of the page .I then tried to boot my laptop into windows recovery environment using various methods and instead of going into windows recovery environment I get a DRIVER...
  3. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  4. Unable to boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into safe mode: Hello,Today I needed to enter in safe mode in order to perform some tasks, anyway when I select "Safe mode" from the repair tool the screen gets stuck on the boot logo.Already tried to run sfc /scannow and "repair startup problems", but those didn't fix the problem. Any other...
  5. Unable to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot safe mode: So I’ve tried to boot safe mode to remove some files but whenever I got pass the restart now, it boots up, spins for a second and the screen remains black, I use boot camp so from my Touch Bar I know my laptop is running. What should I do?...
  6. Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to fully boot up in Safe Mode: In Windows 10 when booting up I'm receiving the following error at the sign-in screen: "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Now I"m attempting to boot up in safe mode to resolve the issue, but after hitting F4 for safe mode...
  7. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  8. Failed to boot into safe mode and USB

Failed to boot into safe mode and USB: Hello, I haven't used my laptop in a few months. I booted it up today and got SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (It did not hit the login screen). System Restore, Startup Repair and Go back to previous version all encountered an error and failed. sfc /scannow ended with...
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...