Windows 10: safe mode goes into old account

Discus and support safe mode goes into old account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to boot up safe mode because I keep getting update errors so I tried to delete the past updates. But when I go into safe mode it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinKE, Jan 8, 2021.

1. JustinKE Win User

safe mode goes into old account

I've been trying to boot up safe mode because I keep getting update errors so I tried to delete the past updates. But when I go into safe mode it brings me into old account. If anyone can help me that would be great.

:)

JustinKE, Jan 8, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 8, 2021
  4. safe mode goes into old account

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

safe mode goes into old account

1. safe mode goes into old account - Similar Threads - safe mode goes

2. Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control: Hi thereI hope someone can help me with this. I'm not in a administrator account when I boot my pc to safe mode. now I'm stuck on SafeMode, whenever I try to run the CMD in admin it's always ask me for password on User Account Control I'm putting in the correct password but...
  3. working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...: Interested in photos and its presentations in different ways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-ok-in-safe-mode-but-normal-mode-screen/fa141b23-2cbc-4ef5-a099-154a475f82f7
  4. working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    working ok in safe mode, but normal mode screen goes on and off. Is it hardware issue or...: Interested in photos and its presentations in different ways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-ok-in-safe-mode-but-normal-mode-screen/fa141b23-2cbc-4ef5-a099-154a475f82f7
  5. Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?: Hey, so i had reinstalled windows on my laptop and after that the very next day i had to reset it again because of startup error and now my pc is not working properly and i want to go back to my old windowsthe windows before the reinstall i have no restoreofc they were gone...
  6. Create user account in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Create user account in safe mode: Hello, I was trying to link my user account with Microsoft and it messed up everything. when I sign in it asks: Search for app in store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  7. Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop: [ATTACH]When you try to boot your Windows OS in Safe Mode, but find that the Windows Safe Modeis stuck at Please wait or Loading files […] This article Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem: Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display...
  9. Safe mode User Account forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode User Account forgotten password: Hello I used the msconfig command to boot into safe mode. Now I can't leave safe mode. When I rebooted the PC and the user accounts come up, I am not able to log into the Administrator account because I forgot the password. Before all this happened I was using the pin...
  10. Stuck in guest account in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in guest account in safe mode: Hi all, I was having problem with the start menu and cortana that won't show up. Based on the internet, i was told to use msconfig to reboot my pc to safemode. Apparently, after i went to safe mode, the problem seems not changing, so i repeated the steps, but this time...