Windows 10: Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

Discus and support Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeWilliams901, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

Windows 10 PC on feature pack 1909. Mapped drive S: to a DC/AD/Server 2016 share. Several folders on the share are large. PC1 was working fine till yesterday. Now those large folders on S: can take up to 3 minutes to display contents in Explorer. Other folders on S: display quickly a second or two. On PC2 and PC3, there are no problems accessing these folders in expected time frames.

PC1 had unsuccessful updates yesterday. I applied those successfully and it is current. I have unjoined from the domain and rejoined. Happens with multiple users.

I booted in Safe Mode. Problem disappeared. Went into StartUp apps and disabled all. Rebooted normally. And... still have the problem!

So if I have disabled all apps in StartUp and it still behaves differently than when in Safe Mode, what's next?

:)

MikeWilliams901, Mar 19, 2020

2. Safe mode problems

Perhaps some of the safe mode files are corrupted.

Disable auto restart on BSOD and see what error you get?

Dippyskoodlez, Mar 19, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Safe mode problems

Yes normal mode works, cant figure how safe mode doesn't work out for me except while in directory service repair mode and using diagnostic mode in ms config to boot to safe mode, pretty weird, it got me stumped

psyko12, Mar 19, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

Safe mode problems

System refuses to go to safe mode unless, 1. using the directory service repair mode, 2. in windows go to msconfig use diagnostic startup and then boot back and choose normal safe mode.

Other than that, when not using two statements above, when safe mode is used it restarts the computer, Is there a software/driver conflict? Or maybe disabled a used service so windows doesn't want to go to normal safe mode? Any help is welcome, *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks in advance

psyko12, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem

1. Safe Mode / Not Safe Mode Problem - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Safe

2. Problems in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems in safe mode: Hi, I am having problems with explorer.exe crashing in safe mode and my main login. I created an extra admin profile which works fine. So my question is, what is running in safe mode that isn't running in the new user profile I created? If I find this out then I can...
  3. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode problem: When I try to safe Mode my HP laptop I get a ring noise after I press F8 and it goes into Undoing changes made to your computer. Can any one help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-problem/aad6e31f-63e2-48b1-9291-44ba3d8605b8
  4. Safe Mode Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Problem: so i was following a ddu tutorial and i put a command into cmd prompt in order to reboot into safe mode. now whenever my computer turns on, it reboots in safe mode. the problem is, it always says my password is incorrect. also it doesnt let me use my pin when im signing into...
  5. Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode: I am stuck in safe mode and given less than 10 seconds to input and initiate msconfig to exit safe mode process which I can't complete. I've tried this countless, please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/4ed6f008-169d-4f03-908b-cf4b761db623
  6. Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe mode: How to change safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/031fa033-73e3-4f85-8fa9-911231e9b116
  7. safe mode problem

in Cortana
    safe mode problem: hello, I have problem with my system, when I use the safe mode I notice that the search bar and Cortana don't respond to commands and I can't write at first I thought that the keyboard is disabled but it works well with run bar . With Cortana there is a dialog box that...
  8. Safe Mode problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode problems.: So i have a problem while using safe mode. My keyboard is't working so i can't write to search anything in my PC. Expect for some reason my keyboard does work in browser which is pretty weird. Mouse works perfectly. Also a lot of settings are "disabled" for example i can't...
  9. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode problem: I booted into safe mode and it is not functioning. So I can't get to msconfig to uncheck safe mode boot. Is there a way to access the advanced boot menu before booting into Windows? Used to be F8 but doesn't seem to work in windows 10. Help please 4046
  10. Safe mode problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode problem: I set my settings in msconfig to boot into safe mode. I have now logged into the desktop whilst in safe mode and I notice hardly anything shows. The only icon in the system bar is the notification center, cortana bar shows but does nothing when you click on the bar and the...