Windows 10: Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen

Discus and support Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, so like the title says, I'm having no luck whatsoever booting into safe mode. I've tried probably 50 times but this point and am perpetually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KraizAstuffs, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen

Hello all, so like the title says, I'm having no luck whatsoever booting into safe mode. I've tried probably 50 times but this point and am perpetually stuck on a grey screen, but there is a reason for this. I went from a RX 580 to a GTX 1080 OC without uninstalling my AMD drivers first because I remember reading somewhere it didn't matter, but that's clearly not the case. Like the idiot I am, I didn't confirm that it was true and instead sold my card off before I tried installing my GTX 1080, so I can't just switch back and install new drivers. When booting up I get stuck in a grey screen forever, but the good news is I know the pc is properly booting because I managed to log in and hear a windows notification noise, so I'm 99% sure it's a driver issue.

What I really need help with is any other methods, tips, tricks or pointer on how to get into Safe Mode without using a screen (since mine stays grey). Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Asrock B450M HDV R4.0

16GB Adata XGP Ram 3200mhz (at 2666mhz now because I wanted to make sure there were no issues putting in the new card)

PNY GTX 1080 OC

500W EVGA PSU

Please let me know if you have literally any questions, and have a wonderful day.

submitted by /u/KraizAstuffs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KraizAstuffs, Dec 20, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen

1. Safe Mode Not Working At All - Grey Screen - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Working

2. Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a cursor. Works perfectly in safe mode: Yesterday when I turned on my laptop, it freezed. And after a while it was just black screen. Now when I turn on after samsung logo, I input my login password, then it opens with a black screen with a cursor. I can hear the fan, that's means it's running. The lights of...
  3. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  4. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode not working: So I decided to uninstall my graphic driver today. That required me to boot into Safe Mode so that is what I've done. But my PC won't open when I restart into Safe Mode but it shutdown. I turned it on again, tried it a few more times but it still shut down by itself. Then I...
  5. Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue screen. Safe mode won’t work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen. Safe mode won’t work.: Hi, While I was at work today my brother was using our pc and after 10 minutes since he turned it on and while watching YT he got all of the sudden a Blue Screen of death. We tried several stuff but none of it worked. We can’t enter safe mode and we don’t have any restore...
  7. Black Screen Safe Mode not working

Black Screen Safe Mode not working: My computer has the black screen of death after updating. I have tried every solution I have come across online and nothing has worked because I cant get into anything from safe mode. Yes I got into safe mode the proper way. When I’m in it, the screen is black except the...
  8. Safe mode not working and blue screen shows !!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode not working and blue screen shows !!!: Hello everyone, I have a problem in my os Blue screen and safe mode not working I have important data on it , what should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-not-working-and-blue-screen-shows/33e8b62b-7097-4c03-8a77-c1925275f06e
  9. Big screen in safe mode

Big screen in safe mode: I loaded up sage mode and everything is big and i cant get out of safe mode. Any help would accepted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-screen-in-safe-mode/125e91d7-7d5b-4a6f-b6be-1ec10d33961c
  10. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...