Windows 10: Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix

Discus and support Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi this is a desktop with windows 10, I used this method>>>>>PUT ONE AT A TIME IN RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ON COMMAND PROMPT AND HIT ENTER AFTER EACH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tomslm, May 6, 2019.

1. tomslm Win User

Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix

Hi this is a desktop with windows 10, I used this method>>>>>PUT ONE AT A TIME IN RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ON COMMAND PROMPT AND HIT ENTER AFTER EACH ONE. THEN GO TO MSCONFIG AND YOU WILL SEE EACH ONE IN THE BOOT MENU FOR WHEN YOU START THE PC UP.

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode"

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking”

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode with Command Prompt”

It did not work, my pc just kept starting regular. so I went into msconfig and was able to delete all but the >>>>>>bcdedit /copy {Current} /d “Windows 10 Safe Mode"

It is still in msconfig and will not remove!! How can i get rid of it in msconfig? Thanks

:)

tomslm, May 6, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 6, 2019
  3. unable to boot into safe mode

ok i got it, but now when i get to the safe boot menu i try to select "safe boot with network" but the arrow keys do nothing, so the timer thing goes and it just boots into normal windows*Frown Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix :( so i tested my arrow keys and they work with EVERYTHING ELSE, so it's not like my keyboard is dead. anyone know how to fix this?

Braveheart, May 6, 2019
  4. Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix

1. Safe Mode on boot menu wont delete+fix - Similar Threads - Safe Mode boot

2. Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle: i have a PowerSpec G906 with a 4070ti graphics card. I was getting a issue where my screen would flash black and tried everything. My PC wouldnt boot into safe mode as it would get suck in this cycle so i downloaded a software to force it into safe mode however its constantly...
  3. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  4. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  5. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Safe mode wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  7. Safe mode wont load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  8. Wont boot fully till FROM Safe Mode !

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wont boot fully till FROM Safe Mode !: How can I diagnose what prevents normal booting, if success requires rebooting from Safe Mode ? My PC's species are correctly listed in System Specs. 172953
  9. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  10. Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode: So since my son had my laptop it will not longer boot... (it will boot into safe mode ok) 1) uninstalled the latest windows update and also two games he had installed before it stopped working. 2) Run chkdsk and SFC (SFC said it fixed some files) 3) Reset PC from...