Windows 10: Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work.

Discus and support Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two accounts because I was experimenting with the Safe Mode was also trying to uninstall a virus at the time. So on Safe Mode, I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiZe Mega, Nov 21, 2020.

1. RiZe Mega Win User

Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work.

I have two accounts because I was experimenting with the Safe Mode was also trying to uninstall a virus at the time.

So on Safe Mode, I decided to activate it via the System Configuration -> Boot tab. This was what I saw on one of the threads that tell you how to activate Safe Mode. This is what resulted me in being locked out of doing anything.

My issue is that once I attempted to uninstall something, a big bright notification came up stating "Are you sure you want this to make changes to your device?" and it asked me to put in my Microsoft account password. Once I do so, it declines my password and says that it was wrong. I have changed it twice and they have all been incorrect. I thought this was pretty weird, so I searched it up, and best to my luck, I felt as if I had to turn Safe Mode off and just go back to try and uninstall this thing via out of Safe Mode.

That didn't work, because once I hit WIN + R -> 'msconfig' and hit enter, another big notification came up. This time it read the same thing: "Are you sure you want this to make changes to your device?" Now I was extremely confused, I looked up the issue and I saw some /sfc and other Administrator prompt commands of doing this. I opened up the Administrator Cmd Prompt and best to my luck: "Are you sure you want this to make changes to your device?"

With Windows with networking ON and OFF I am being told my password was wrong. I can not get into System Configuration, Admin CMD Panel, delete files, and more. I am currently locked out of
    Settings -> Accounts Sign-In Options and Email & Accounts, Access Work or School
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I am locked out of anything else and there isn't much left to do. Thank you.

:)

RiZe Mega, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Shane006 Win User

Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password

Hello,

I have a personal computer (Windows 10) that uses a Microsoft Online account as the administrator (there are no local accounts or local log ins). I normally use a pin to sign into the computer. When I boot the computer into Safe Mode, it requires a password
    and does not accept the Microsoft Online account password as the correct password for the administrator profile of the account. Using a boot disk work around, I am successfully able to get out of SafeMode w/o a password and back into the Administrator account
    via normal mode. However, I have 0 options to change the 'SafeMode' account password. I can only change the Microsoft Account password that I am signed in with, which has no effect on the password the compute requires in Safe Mode. How do I tell the computer
    which password to use in Safe Mode, when I boot it in that mode?

Shane006, Nov 21, 2020
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work. :).

zekrahminator, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work.

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work.

1. Safe Mode requiring a password for my Administrator account, didn't work. - Similar Threads - Safe Mode requiring

2. safe password administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    safe password administration: where can I find a safe password administration application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-password-administration/9c7b7a4a-77b7-400e-9410-d41522fa2ed8
  3. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  4. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  5. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to login to my administrator account in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login to my administrator account in safe mode.: I turned my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 home basic in safe mode with minimal option, as taskbar icons were not loaded and mouse cursor shows loading circle for more than 1 hour when placed at taskbar. After which i am unable to login to my account even after entering...
  7. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  8. Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password: Hello, I have a personal computer (Windows 10) that uses a Microsoft Online account as the administrator (there are no local accounts or local log ins). I normally use a pin to sign into the computer. When I boot the computer into Safe Mode, it requires a password and does...
  9. Booted into Safe Mode, Didn't Have a Password, Windows is Asking for Password

Booted into Safe Mode, Didn't Have a Password, Windows is Asking for Password: I have a four digit pin, and I don't have any sort of password for my user. I booted into safe mode for some personal work, but when I enter my pin, Windows gives me an error saying wrong password. when I use my MS Account password, then again its a wrong password. I am stuck...
  10. password not working in safe mode

password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...