Windows 10: Safe mode & screen issues

Discus and support Safe mode & screen issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have been having an issue with my laptop screen where the top of the page shows at the bottom as well under the black task bar. I tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jojo_1214, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Jojo_1214 Win User

Safe mode & screen issues

Hi

I have been having an issue with my laptop screen where the top of the page shows at the bottom as well under the black task bar. I tried a few different ways fix this following guides and even wiped the laptop and re-installed windows but nothing worked. It's still there but i was trying to fix it through safe mode and when the laptop restarted, the screen is blurry and it isn't showing my login. I can't do anything with it so not only do I have this black bar across the screen I can't get out of safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Jojo_1214, Mar 5, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Safe mode & screen issues - Similar Threads - Safe mode screen

2. safe mode issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue: I had to start my Inspiron 15 5558 in safe mode when I had a malware problem and now can't start it normal. I've tried every option I could find but none of them have worked. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Safe mode issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe mode issue: I went to safe mode and enabled networking but im still not connected to internet Im using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue/5c289b36-42f2-4588-b9ca-759e18632bfe
  4. Password and Safe Modes Issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password and Safe Modes Issues: Hello good people, My name is Orlando and Im from Melbourne, Australia. Hope someone can offer some advice on the following problem Im struggling with. When signing in to Windows 10 during initial booting up process, my password is not being recognised and informing me as...
  5. Safe Mode issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Mode issue: My computers in safe mode and is asking for a password. I have entered my Microsoft password which is not working and I do not have the option to enter my pin which I have been using up to this point. I have contected the laptop directly to the internet through they...
  6. Issues with Safe Mode lead to permanent black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Safe Mode lead to permanent black screen: Hello, I would really appreciate help in solving this issue. I wanted to get rid of Sandboxie because the latest Win10 update requested it. So, after failing to do so via regular uninstall route, I tried to boot in safe mode via Troubleshoot and restart. It produced lingering...
  7. Issues with Safe Mode!!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with Safe Mode!!!: Recently I was on my computer and I turned on Safe Mode. I then restarted my computer and now I am locked out. None of my passwords work, I have changed all my Microsoft Passwords and Gmail/Google passwords and still nothing works. I have tried doing the Shift+Restart and I...
  8. Safe Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode Issues: So I enabled Safe Mode and now I am following tutorials to disable it and when i try and open the Run feature (Windows + R buttons) it says Interests are not available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issues/f06ec5f5-3198-4223-9e6b-538915024c2e
  9. Issues with safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with safe mode.: I have reset my system recently. Now it directly starts in safe mode. I'm unable to exit from it through msconfig or cmd. Had can i exit from safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-safe-mode/681e6b5f-bfb9-4258-9332-b103d801c94b
  10. Safe Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode Issues: I was having problems with a Windows Insider Preview build of Windows 10 (64-bit system, Build 17692.1004). One poster suggested that one solution was to start the computer in safe mode. So, I set up safe mode in msconfig with networking. However, when I booted the...