Windows 10: Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

Discus and support Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I restarted my computer fully because I wanted more space on it and stuff was not loading but user profile service was not working so I tried to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaladMaster0, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

I restarted my computer fully because I wanted more space on it and stuff was not loading but user profile service was not working so I tried to enter safe mode to see if that would do anything or if I could do anything there but it just takes long to load and gives a black screen I have not done anything since I usually use safe mode to fix it

:)

SaladMaster0, Dec 3, 2022
  2. cosmarchy Win User

Black Screen in Safe Mode

I'm trying to start my Win 10 VM but am getting a black screen with a cursor after it logs in so after looking for solutions online, there is a suggestion to remove the display drivers by using safe mode.

The problem is, safe mode also has a black screen!!

Are there any solutions to this? I have tried repairing, troubleshooting, restore etc from an ISO without success.

Windows is present in some form or another as it responds to ctrl-alt-del and provides me with the usual menu for Task Manager but when you select this, the Task Manager does not show and you are left with the same black screen as before!!

Anyone have any experience of this before?

Thanks

cosmarchy, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

Black Screen in Safe Mode only!

I am having trouble getting into safe mode, after I type my password, I get a black screen with nothing on it, the screen is lit up but black. It works in normal mode just not Safe Mode, I Googled 'Windows 10 Safe Mode black screen' but only results show telling you to go into Safe Mode to fix the problem, there is nothing regarding this problem in safe mode alone. This is a Windows tablet so removing cables, uninstalling/reinstalling or trying a new video card is not possible here. Tweaking.com told me to restart into Safe Mode to use the application and now I am stuck, the program will not clear the safe mode flag from the boot until I run the program which I cannot because of this issue.

Ornithophilia, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

1. Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done - Similar Threads - Safe mode taking

2. Black screen when booting to safe mode [Solution]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting to safe mode [Solution]: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  3. Black screen when booting to safe mode [Solution]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting to safe mode [Solution]: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  4. Black screen when booting to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  5. Black screen when booting to safe mode

Black screen when booting to safe mode: I have had problems with my system from time to time. Blue screen. I suspect it started after the June update KB5027231. After trying ALL except one tips to fix blue screen, I restarted my computer in Safe Mode msconfig. Then the computer boots to black sceen. Managed to get...
  6. Safe Mode takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode takes too long to load: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why[Original Title: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-takes-too-long-to-load/7016f755-f063-4651-b38b-867f8e0774b2
  7. Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after setting boot mode to safe mode: System Information:Acer Aspire GX 281 DesktopWindows 10 Home EditionAMD Quad-Core RYZEN 5 1400NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB256GB SSD8GB DDR4I was playing a game in which one of the inputs needed to play was the middle mouse button, but my middle mouse button no longer works so...
  8. Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done: I restarted my computer fully because I wanted more space on it and stuff was not loading but user profile service was not working so I tried to enter safe mode to see if that would do anything or if I could do anything there but it just takes long to load and gives a black...
  9. Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done

Safe mode taking long to boot up and gives a black screen when done: I restarted my computer fully because I wanted more space on it and stuff was not loading but user profile service was not working so I tried to enter safe mode to see if that would do anything or if I could do anything there but it just takes long to load and gives a black...
  10. Black screen when entering safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when entering safe mode: I need to enter safe mode to use a driver uninstaller as when I use it not in safe mode, it says I need to be in safe mode. So I go to the power, hold shift, and click restart, it takes me to the menus where I go to troubleshoot, advanced, start-up settings, restart....