Windows 10: Safe mode User Account forgotten password

Discus and support Safe mode User Account forgotten password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello I used the msconfig command to boot into safe mode. Now I can't leave safe mode. When I rebooted the PC and the user accounts come up, I am... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CrazyVolpers, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Safe mode User Account forgotten password

Hello

I used the msconfig command to boot into safe mode.

Now I can't leave safe mode. When I rebooted the PC and the user accounts come up, I am not able to log into the Administrator account because I forgot the password.

Before all this happened I was using the pin number option to log into my Administrator account and have not used the password recently.

Now to get into the Administrator account I am only given the option to use the password and my pin number option is not available.

I can log into my other a non-administrator account but can't maks any system changes or get back into msconfig because the Administrator password prompt comes up.

I have Windows 10 version 1903 but never set up security questions or a recovery disk.

:)

CrazyVolpers, Dec 6, 2019

2. local account password forgotten

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 6, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Safe mode User Account forgotten password

Unable to sign-in to Microsoft account forgotten password

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with details.

Since, you have forgotten the user account password we will not able to help you related password scenarios due to security purpose. The best what I can suggest you is create a new user account and transfer all user profile data’s to the new user account.
    Once you transfer all the data’s to new user account you can convert the user account to Microsoft account and delete the old user account (If you want).
    You can also follow the below steps to transfer all your data’s to the new user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on
      OS (CSafe mode User Account forgotten password :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/file to the new user account.
    Hope this helps. We look forward to hear from you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Safe mode User Account forgotten password

1. Safe mode User Account forgotten password - Similar Threads - Safe mode User

2. Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control: Hi thereI hope someone can help me with this. I'm not in a administrator account when I boot my pc to safe mode. now I'm stuck on SafeMode, whenever I try to run the CMD in admin it's always ask me for password on User Account Control I'm putting in the correct password but...
  3. Create user account in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Create user account in safe mode: Hello, I was trying to link my user account with Microsoft and it messed up everything. when I sign in it asks: Search for app in store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  4. Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Accounts Forgotten Passwords: I will describe my situation as best I can. I don't know what I did to get into this situation. Please be gentle with me. I'm not 25 anymore and in the intervening years since I was 25 I have killed a lot of braincells as decribed in the Baggar Vance movie. I am a one man...
  5. reset standard user account forgotten password

reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"
  6. reset account with forgotten passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reset account with forgotten passwords and user names: how can I recver loast passwords and e-mails on the e-mail addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-account-with-forgotten-passwords-and-user/f1b0ca57-e640-4aa2-b2ec-7ef16c1f9d2d"
  7. Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password

Stuck on safe mode with my forgotten previous password: Hello, I would like to know my previous password because I am in this state of this safe mode. Of course, it requires me to set my password for my Microsoft account and I forgot my previous password. I would like to request to reveal my previous password for my activities,...
  8. Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password

Stuck at safe mode login due to forgotten local password: I am hoping someone can help me so I don't have to do a fresh install. I upgraded my 64 bit Windows 10 Pro to 1903 and my AMD driver started causing reboots reporting issues with Wattman. Solutions online pointed to clearing the driver using AMD's driver tool. Well it...
  9. Forgotten the ( U.A.C. ) - User Account Control's password.

Forgotten the ( U.A.C. ) - User Account Control's password.: I have forgotten the ( U.A.C. ) - User Account Control's password and now I can install anything and can't make any changes in my computer!!!! WHAT SHALL I DO ????...
  10. Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password: Hello, I have a personal computer (Windows 10) that uses a Microsoft Online account as the administrator (there are no local accounts or local log ins). I normally use a pin to sign into the computer. When I boot the computer into Safe Mode, it requires a password and does...