Windows 10: Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

Discus and support Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; in normal mode I use a 4 numeral password to enter windows. I entered safe mode. I had a request to enter a password and i entered the 4 digits. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveSlaby, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DaveSlaby Win User

Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

in normal mode I use a 4 numeral password to enter windows. I entered safe mode. I had a request to enter a password and i entered the 4 digits. After repeated attempts it appeared that it might take yet the response came back stating incorrect password.

Choosing an option under troubleshooting, advanced options, gives 6 options, 5 of which request a password.

Under startup settings I chose safe mode with networking. It would not allow networking.

Help!

:)

DaveSlaby, Aug 12, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Not helpful. Are you kidding - three hours into attempts to access safe mode in Windows 10. Will not accept the pin as numerous people have noted. Also will not accept Microsoft password I just used to make this post. Will not allow me to create another
    account to try to setup an administrator account by itself. My current account is as administrator and still no go with accessing safe mode. Next step is to return to Windows 8 where it was easy.

What is Microsoft thinking? This is a personal computer and the security is horrendous.

CourtlyBetz, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password

1. Safe mode windows 10 won’t accept password - Similar Threads - Safe mode won’t

2. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  3. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?: Hi, hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. I am trying to get into safe mode on my laptop but it asks for a password. I’m assuming it’s my Microsoft password which isn’t accepted. I can’t remember the first password I would have used on this laptop. Is...
  4. Windows 10 Safe mode won’t accept my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 laptop stuck booting in safe mode and won’t accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop stuck booting in safe mode and won’t accept password: Hi everyoneI would appreciate any and all help with my issue. I have a windows 10 laptop and to try and fix an issue with updating windows 10, I used msconfig to set my laptop to boot in safe mode. Since then it asks me for my windows password, I type that in and it won’t...
  6. Windows 10 laptop stuck booting in safe mode and won’t accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop stuck booting in safe mode and won’t accept password: Hi everyoneI would appreciate any and all help with my issue. I have a windows 10 laptop and to try and fix an issue with updating windows 10, I used msconfig to set my laptop to boot in safe mode. Since then it asks me for my windows password, I type that in and it won’t...
  7. Windows 10 laptop stuck booting in safe mode and won’t accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Password won’t be accepted in safe mode

Password won’t be accepted in safe mode: I thought my computer may have a virus and a told me to restart in safe mode so i did and i put in my password but it wont accept it. I have tried everthing and read every article or fourm regarding this issue but none of them have worked. Please help, thanks...
  9. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: I was having problems getting my password accepted in safe mode and could not connect to a network. One older forum suggested instead of going into safe mode try option #3, Enable Low resolution mode. Tried this and my login screen showed up on my other monitor. Was able to...
  10. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: ***Modify title from: PC password error *** Hi Just restarted my computer on Safe Mode (trying to solve an internet connection problem) and my PC doesn't recognize my long time password. Can you help me? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 safe mode wont accept password

2. windows 10 not accepting pin in safemode

3. xps 8930 safe mode wont accept login password

4. windows 10 on safe mode doesnt accept my password,
  5. windows 10 not accepting password in safe mode,
  6. windows 10 wont accept my password in safe mode