Windows 10: Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

Discus and support Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just tried to go into safe mode with networking. I tried twice...option 5 from boot menu, Safe Mode with Networking. But when it boots, it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jul 7, 2020.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

I just tried to go into safe mode with networking. I tried twice...option 5 from boot menu, Safe Mode with Networking. But when it boots, it does not load networking.

If I click on the lower right corner icon, it shows Airplane Mode square. Doesn't say if it is on or off. Doesn't indicate anything if I click the Airplane button.

Went into Networking Status and tried to add a network. It says it does not find any networking hardware...something to that effect. When I click on network adapters in settings, the WiFi adapter is not there.

Any thoughts?

:)

56Kruiser, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking

Hey dreamhouse,
    This is a long shot and I have not tested it, but you might try adding a virtual Ethernet Adapter. My thought being, as long as Safe Mode with Networking sees an Ethernet Adapter it might let you then connect to your WiFi network.
    1. Device Manager > Action > Add Legacy Hardware > Next
    2. Select > Install the hardware that I manually select from list (Advanced) > Next
    3. Select > Network Adapters > Next
    4. On the Left Select > Microsoft
    5. On the Right Select > Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter > Next

Note: Whether this works or not, you can always remove it Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter... :)

Edit: I should've been a bit more clear ... I did actually add the Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter and it shows in Control Panel > Network & Sharing > Change Adapters Settings, but I can't actually test it in Safe Mode with Networking since I have an Ethernet Adapter.

Eagle51, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Safe mode with networking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Sometimes it might not work since safe mode allows only a minimum drivers.

I would suggest you run the Network Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your issue.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Network Adapter. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 7, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking

This is normal - only wired networks are available in Safe Mode with Networking. Wifi cards will not work.

philc43, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter... - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Networking

2. Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working: Hi all.In normal mode Internet works OK.If I boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" option F5, I cannot access Internet.I can "ping localhost" or "ping 127.0.0.1", but cannot ping my router connected via Ethernet cable on 192.168.1.1 .In device manager under "Network...
  3. Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Safe Mode with Networking" No Internet / Network Adapter not working: Hi all.In normal mode Internet works OK.If I boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" option F5, I cannot access Internet.I can "ping localhost" or "ping 127.0.0.1", but cannot ping my router connected via Ethernet cable on 192.168.1.1 .In device manager under "Network...
  4. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  5. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  6. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  7. Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...: I just tried to go into safe mode with networking. I tried twice...option 5 from boot menu, Safe Mode with Networking. But when it boots, it does not load networking. If I click on the lower right corner icon, it shows Airplane Mode square. Doesn't say if it is on or off....
  8. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/
  9. Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking

Wifi card not detected in Safe Mode with Networking: Hello, When I boot into safe mode with networking on my laptop with the latest and updated Windows 10 Pro version, all I get is the ethernet icon and NO wifi at all detected. Seeing this all over the web, with no explanation. Unsuccessful also when choosing option to safe...
  10. windows 10 no wifi in safe mode with networking

windows 10 no wifi in safe mode with networking: how do i activate the wifi. when i click on the icon on the bottom right it doesnt bring up the connections, like it did in windows 8.1/8 12982