Windows 10: Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

Discus and support Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to use Safe Mode with Networking, it does not let me sign in to my computer. I put in the correct pin that I have always used, and it tells... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by amcfa01, Jul 1, 2020.

1. amcfa01 Win User

Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

When I try to use Safe Mode with Networking, it does not let me sign in to my computer. I put in the correct pin that I have always used, and it tells me that it is an incorrect pin. I need to use Safe Mode to remove a virus and I'm not able to do it. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

:)

amcfa01, Jul 1, 2020

2. Safe mode with networking

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: Is it a wired or wireless connection?

Sometimes it might not work since safe mode allows only a minimum drivers.

I would suggest you run the Network Troubleshooter and see if it fixes your issue.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Network Adapter. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

1. Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Networking

2. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  3. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  4. Can't sign in in safe mode with networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in in safe mode with networking: When i attempt to boot windows 10 in safe mode with networking, it brings me to the sign in page. When i press sign in, a tab that says 'Search for app in the store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like yo search for one in the store?' If I press yes or...
  5. No networking on safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    No networking on safe mode?: I went to safe mode in search of malware/s and I found out networking on safe mode is not feasible. Is that for all W10 versions? Is there a way around it? 170654
  6. Networking in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Networking in safe mode: Hi. Hope you are doing well. I have an HP laptop and it was working perfectly until recently, as soon as I sign-in to my Microsoft account the screen starts to Flicker wildly, when I try to open the task manager it prompts an error related to 'd3d12.dll not found'. After...
  7. Windows 10 2004 will not allow me to sign into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 will not allow me to sign into safe mode: I've tried upgrading from 1909 twice now (a few weeks apart) and had the exact same problem. The 2004 update will install fine, but when I try to go into safe mode to wipe out my display driver for upgrading, I cannot sign in to the login prompt. It provides this error: "The...
  8. Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode with networking: No matter what I try safe mode with networking refuses to work for me. Im running windows 10, it's an evoo laptop submitted by /u/sjredditor15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwns17/safe_mode_with_networking/
  9. windows 10 Home will not allow me to exit safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 Home will not allow me to exit safe mode: It asks for a password on my log in / sign in page but does not accept it. I changed my MS password using another computer but that did not fix anything. I'm stuck in Safe Mode. This all started after I had installed and ran Norton Power Eraser which had me change ms boot...
  10. Safe mode sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode sign in: I used msconfig in Windows 10 to boot in safe mode, but now it doesn't recognize my password. I rebooted, but ended up in the same spot, so I think I'm stuck, unless I can reboot normally. I don't know if I can open msconfig to change the boot settings at this point. Thank...