Windows 10: Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

Discus and support Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My PC is in safe mode and won't recognize my current or past passwords. I've tried to enter Safe Mode with Networking, but it still thinks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoreySteed, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

Hello,

My PC is in safe mode and won't recognize my current or past passwords. I've tried to enter Safe Mode with Networking, but it still thinks there is no connection which there is definitely. I've also tried to use the Command Prompt, but it also asks for a password! Please please help, I'm completely stuck and I need this machine for but work and school!!

:)

CoreySteed, Jan 15, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi Pedro E Cordeiro,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to internet issue started?
    • Are you referring to PIN password or Microsoft account password?

I understand the inconvenience caused due to this issue, this could be due to a change in the keyboard layout. However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Change the keyboard layout.

1. In the bottom right corner of the sign in screen, select the first option to change the keyboard layout.
    2. Try to change the keyboard layout from the list if you have any and type in the password.

Method 2: Use the On screen keyboard.

1. Restart the computer. In the sign in screen, hold down the shift key and select restart from bottom right corner of your screen.
    2. After the pc is restarted, select Troubleshoot > Select
      Advanced options >Click on Startup settings >
      Now, click on Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, you should see number of options. Press F5 for
      Safe Mode with networking.
    4. When you are in login screen, press Windows
      and U together on the keyboard
      and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the
      Ease of Access list or click on
      Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    5. Now, use the cursor to type the password with On-screen keyboard.
    6. Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol
      (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

After you login to safe mode with networking, I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.
    Let us know the results to assist you further regarding this issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

1. Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help! - Similar Threads - Safe Mode won't

2. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  3. Password not recognized booting in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not recognized booting in safe mode: Cannot boot in safe mode because password is not recognized. Changed 3 times and am able to log on a diff. computer. Have been at it for close to 7 hrs and no results. Can't get administrator command prompt. Have initiated safe mode with networking but password not...
  4. Safe Mode will not recognize password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode will not recognize password: Windows 10 I can access the safe mode screen bit on entering password I am told Password invalid. I have tried safe mode with networking and used my microsoft password without success. From Googling this problem it would that this could be a OS bug. Please can you...
  5. password not recognized in safe mode startup

password not recognized in safe mode startup: Why is this not being discussed or answered by experts from the community? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-recognized-in-safe-mode-startup/10256d94-460d-44b6-91b1-07023d2b3bb7
  6. password not recognized in safe mode startup

password not recognized in safe mode startup: my password & pin are not recognized when i start windows in the safe mode. they are both valid in the normal operating mode. What's causing this? Thanks, Dave Lewis...
  7. safe mode won't accept password

safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP

Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP: To clean uninstall the graphics driver {AMD RADEON} I used their Clean Up Utility to enter SAFE MODE In the safe mode it asked password and not PIN . I typed my own password only. But it says incorrect. I tried changing password and then the Safe Mode with Networking via...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. password not recognized in safe mode

password not recognized in safe mode: I obviously know my password since I am signed in on this laptop. I am trying to troubleshoot my desktop and had to go into command prompt to even get into safe mode. I could not do it from the apps since my screen did not load correctly. Anyway, it appears I am in safe mode...