Windows 10: Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk

Discus and support Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What is the best procedure (ideally without 3d party Soft) to remove an old, unused Recovery Partition which sits at the beginning of the Disk and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Win7ine, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Win7ine Win User

Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk

What is the best procedure (ideally without 3d party Soft) to remove an old, unused Recovery Partition which sits
    at the beginning of the Disk and then move the rest of the existing partitions left to the beginning of the disk.
    Winver 20H2 19042.630

Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk [​IMG]

:)

Win7ine, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Need to delete an old healthy Recovery partition.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Select the Recovery Partition

Right click it, click 'Format'

You will receive a Warning dialog, click OK to continue.

The next step is to select your file system option, in this case, go with the default which is NTFS.

The formatting process will now begin.

Once complete, the drive will be displayed as a ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management.

Right click the ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition. Right click the System volume (usually the C:\ drive where Windows is installed) then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual
    menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk

Can I safely delete certain partitions?

All the partitions to the right of C:\ can be safely deleted. I noticed you have some substantial unallocated disk space that you should try recovering.

After deleting the suggested partitions, the Volumes you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (CSafe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk

1. Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk - Similar Threads - Safe procedure Remove

2. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  3. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  4. Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to remove this particular partition?: I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc breaks. That partition just appeared after an update for windows 10So my main question is, is it safe to remove?...
  5. Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove this particular partition?: I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc breaks. That partition just appeared after an update for windows 10So my main question is, is it safe to remove?I dont know...
  6. Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid: I'm in panic mode right now. I have a 2TB HDD that I moved from my old PC. It had 2 partitions, one for OS (Win10) and one for my stuff. New system's OS (also Win10) is on SSD so I wanted to merge the 2 partitions on my HDD to get some of that sweet extra space. Turns out...
  7. Windows Installation / Sysprep - Recovery Partition at Beginning of Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Installation / Sysprep - Recovery Partition at Beginning of Drive: I've done reference images for a while now for my company - and whenever I've setup a VM on ESXi of Windows 10, and installed it on a 30GB partition, then ran my stuff and closed it out and sysprepped - the recovery partition always started the drive - layout was recovery...
  8. Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?: v1903 installed on a ~256GB MBR disk. Code: C:\Recovery [folder] 4.86 GB used <unnamed> [partition] 534 MB "Healthy, (Recovery Partition)" Recovery Image [partition] 11.72 GB "Healthy, (Primary Partition)"[/quote] I'm hoping to tidy up this hard drive. Please could someone...
  9. Old Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Recovery partition: Hi there! My question is about the Windows Recovery Environment partition(s). Looks like I have one too many! Starting at an offset of 1,024KB, diskpart sees the following. Partition 1 EFI SYSTEM 100 Mb Required: No (hidden) FAT32 (Volume #3) Partition 2 "old" WIN RE...
  10. Remove Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Recovery Partition: I just upgraded to version 1511. It recreated the 450 mb recovery partition I don't want and I don't need it!! Is there a way to remove it without doing a clean install of Windows am use diskpart? James 43883