Windows 10: safe removal ballon notification has disappeared, icon still in tray

Discus and support safe removal ballon notification has disappeared, icon still in tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 from Win 7 HP laptop2000 240CA, 64 bit I am really stumped and need help, please. My problem is I have theremove icon in the pop up from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ron3033, Apr 7, 2017.

1. ron3033 Win User

safe removal ballon notification has disappeared, icon still in tray

Win 10 from Win 7 HP laptop2000 240CA, 64 bit I am really stumped and need help, please.

My problem is I have theremove icon in the pop up from the taskbar tray (see photos) I do not get theballoon notification any longer that say Safe To Remove Hardware any longer.This happens whether I use flash drives or portable Seagate hard drives. I usedto get the balloon message.

I check in settings allseems to be on. I think, but not sure if this all of a sudden happened when Iplugged in my friend's brand new san disc usb 3 flash drive to give him a 50second video of his late wife.
    I am stumped and have spenthours looking. Can you suggest what I am missing? I do not want to lose info onmy drives. Thank You Ron

:)

ron3033, Apr 7, 2017
  2. kayjayw Win User

Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon missing from the notification tray in windows 10.

My icon is missing from the notification tray. I've gone into settings and the "Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media' icon is switched to the on position, but it isn't in notifications or the taskbar. I also tried switching on the "Always show all icons
    in the notification area" button at the top of the settings page and it still didn't show up int the tray. How can I get it to show back up? I need a SIMPLY, easy fix as I am not a wiz on computers.

Original Title : safely eject icon

kayjayw, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Eject Flash Drive confirmation message missing

It's not ideal but the USB icon does momentarily disappear from the System tray while it is closing down the drive**. It reappears when the device has been closed so it is then safe to remove.

** When the USB icon disappears, a different type of USB icon appears for an instant during the closing down and then it disappears when the normal one re-appears.

Tryx3, Apr 7, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

To eject the currently connected device, open command prompt and type-
    rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll then Enter.
    To enable icon again, go into Action Center>Taskbar>Select which icons appear ***>Windows Explorer safely remove *** and turn On. Plug in a usb stick and if icon still missing, open Task Manager, close Windows Explorer process, let it restart. Should re-appear.

mrgeek, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    For safe eject USB notification missing:• Press keyboard "win + R"• Type "regedit"• Search the value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notification\Settings\Microsoft.Explore r.Notification.{...}"• If you REG_DWORD 0x00000001(0) set "0" you can double click on value. Set the value data to "1"• Click "OK"

Bastet, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    I have seen this occasionally. A Restart is usually all that's needed to get back to normal. Shut down may not be sufficient to reset everything, not if you have fast start turned on. A restart will do a complete shut down then a full start up. It's always best to try the simplest solution first,

Bree, Apr 8, 2017
  7. ron3033 Win User
    I found that tip and it works. Thanks for replying.

ron3033, Apr 8, 2017
  8. ron3033 Win User

Tried that, did not work so I did the registry entry and it works like before. Thanks for the reply.

ron3033, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Cannot find "Microsoft.Explorer.Notification" in registry.

Hairy Scot, Apr 28, 2017
  10. Bastet Win User
    I have it:

safe removal ballon notification has disappeared, icon still in tray [​IMG]

Looks like you may have a bigger problem.

Bastet, Apr 30, 2017
  11. pjc123 Win User
    First of all, thanks for the fix. However, you need to fix a space that shows up in this thread as well as other posts where you placed this fix. I suspect that is why people are having trouble finding it in the registry....they are copying and pasting (like lazy me) the text from your post, which has the text:

Microsoft.Explore<SPACE HERE>r.Notification

What is weird however, is that the space does not show up when I quote your text, but shows up in the post. In the past I have noticed that happens when I copy and paste to the forums from another place. For instance I may write something in Word, copy to the forum, realized I need to make a change and copy it back. All kinds of extra spaces show up. I believe invisible characters get injected.

pjc123, May 6, 2017
  12. Bastet Win User
    Thanks, I'm copying from OneNote & there's no space in the text but in future will check before posting.

Bastet, May 6, 2017
  13. rickhev1 Win User

This has happened only after I applied the 1703 update: I insert a USB drive. I click on the 'Safely Remove' icon in the tray. I click 'Eject'. No 'Safe to remove' message appears. This behavior never varies, even if I don't read or write to the drive.

I looked for the registry entry mentioned above (Microsoft.Explorer.Notification), but it isn't there. (See Hairy Scot's post above.) What to do?

rickhev1, Jul 30, 2017
  14. Try3 Win User
  15. rickhev1 Win User
Thema:

1. safe removal ballon notification has disappeared, icon still in tray - Similar Threads - safe removal ballon

2. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  3. The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has disappeared.: The icon used to appear in my System Tray. And it does not show up with "Show Hidden Icons". How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-safely-remove-hardware-icon-has-disappeared/ce5dee78-7fae-4dbd-83f0-6290813824e6
  4. Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray notification area: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have performed the following and have rebooted Windows. Press and hold or right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings . Under Notification Area , choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove...
  5. "Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared.

"Safely Remove Hardware" has disappeared.: How do I get back my ability to safely remove my USB device? It seems to have vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware-has-disappeared/6eee8ed9-4090-4afa-8dc3-675e0841f952
  6. Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears

Safely Remove Hardware Icon disappears: When, while in my user account, I mount two external drives on my pc, the Safely Remove Hardware icon appears in the Taskbar. If I eject one drive, the Safely Remove Hardware icon often, not always, disappears. The icon is still visible if I click the upward arrow in the...
  7. Onedrive tray icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive tray icon has disappeared: Noticed today that the Onedrive tray icon is missing. I tried re-installing with OneDriveSetup.exe and got error "A newer version of Onedrive is installed". I downloaded the latest version and got the same error. Trying to run Onedrive from the startmenu gives the same error!...
  8. Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.: Does someone knows a way to hide it for good? Not disabling it, because that could cause some trouble, just that doesn't show in the tray? A .reg file would be awesome. I want this for 2 reasons: First, I don't use it, I use USB Disk Ejector; and second because it's...
  9. Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared

Safely Remove Hardware Icon in Taskbar has disappeared: My friend has lost the Safely Remove icon on her main computer, a newer desktop with Windows 10. I could not find a way/place to restore it. Please help. And thanks. 79757
  10. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and: ....no drives listed in Hardware List. When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either) First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar... [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notification\Settings\Microsoft.Explore r.Notification.