Windows 10: safe removal drive

Discus and support safe removal drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I have inserted a SD memory card, I have the possibility for "ejecting" the card after which it can be safely removed. I donot understand why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PiKo, Aug 30, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

safe removal drive

When I have inserted a SD memory card, I have the possibility for "ejecting" the card after which it can be safely removed.
    I donot understand why this possibility does not exist with an USB HDD. I thought that just removing such drive gives the chance of damaging it.

:)

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 (Already upgraded from windows 8.1) , and some queries?

I only want to remove files from the drive having windows while reinstall and keep other drives safe., So will the other drive be safe in the option, reset my pc remove everything

SivakethanSuddapalli, Aug 30, 2016
  3. CF1234 Win User
    I Am Unable to Safely Remove My USB External Hard Drive

There is always a Safe Removal icon when I connect my USB hard drive. And sometimes I can safely remove the hard drive, but not very often.

My hard drive doesn't have any programs on it. I only use it for storage. Such as accessing documents, music, videos. But, when I close these files, I am still not able to safely remove the USB hard drive.

Thanks

CF1234, Aug 30, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

safe removal drive

You can safely remove(Eject) by right clicking from the taskbar icon as in my second snip.

safe removal drive [​IMG]

safe removal drive [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 30, 2016
  5. PiKo Win User
    Thanks for this solution which, after many years of PC usage, was still unknown to me. I always right-clicked on the drive thumbnail in computer, which gave the eject option for the SD drive, but not for the HDD.
    Under settings, I had to check ""Windows Explorer, Safely remove hardware and eject media" to become visible in the taskbar.
    Many thanks!

6. Cornishman, Aug 30, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    The main thing with Safe Removal is to assure Windows is through writing to it or there will be a risk of corruption of data.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

safe removal drive

1. safe removal drive - Similar Threads - safe removal drive

2. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  3. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  4. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?: Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive...
  6. Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove SATA Drive in a DOCK?: Hello ALL. I have Windows 10 PRO 1909 with all of the updates and added the Safely Remove Hardware shortcut. The problem is that I have a SATA dock with a nice 4TB drive that I use for images (Macrium Reflect) and when done I wanted to use this Shortcut to remove the drive...
  7. Safe removal of usb drive

Safe removal of usb drive: How do you safely remove usb drive from computer on Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/safe-removal-of-usb-drive/8e1ea4eb-bfe9-4e58-866a-292b3c94ac03
  8. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

"Safe " removing internal drives ?!: Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ?? How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing internal HDDs for removing...............!! 114602
  9. Cannot Safely Remove External Drives

Cannot Safely Remove External Drives: Hello all, In recent weeks, it has become impossible for me to safely remove my external drives. (Mostly, I use Western Digital Passports, Passport Ultras, etc). I am using Windows 10. I close all of my programs and folders. I get the "busy" message and to try again...
  10. How to safely remove an external drive?

How to safely remove an external drive?: I always have problems to safely remove an external drive: [img] The Task Manager causing an error message when I try to safely remove an external is closed. There is no process shown accessing anything on the external drive: [img] What else could I do (besides...