Windows 10: "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

Discus and support "Safe " removing internal drives ?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ?? How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pietcorus2, Jul 23, 2018.

1. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ??
    How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing internal HDDs for removing...............!!

:)

pietcorus2, Jul 23, 2018
  2. DaniDM Win User

Recover a "Safely Removed" internal drive

I accidentally hit the Safely Remove icon (Windows 10), and deleted an internal backup drive. How do I get it back? Is the link broken, or did I erase everything

DaniDM, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 23, 2018
  4. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

Hiding devices from Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list

In my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list both my internal SSD and storage drive are listed. I want to be able to hide/remove these drives from the list. After a lot of searching all I could find was a registry trick for Win7 which no longer applies
    in Win10. All the other suggestions have been to shut off hot swapping but that is something I use. This is a work machine that I am often connecting and disconnecting drives from. It seems like it should be a simple thing to mark certain devices to not be
    listed. What can I do?

Mitch13212412, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

"Safe " removing internal drives ?!

1. "Safe " removing internal drives ?! - Similar Threads - Safe removing internal

2. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  3. Removing flash drive safely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing flash drive safely: I need to safely eject my flash drive but once again I am getting the "device is currently in use" message even though I am not using it for anything. This seems to happen with all my flash drives occasionally. Usually I just would sign out not even restarting my pc, but...
  4. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello,Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system image. I think...
  5. Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives are Showing As Removable Drives: Hello, Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. My issue is I have an internal hard drive that is showing as a removable storage device. I am using this drive for Backup. Windows 10 File Backup and trying to use it for a system...
  6. removing internal hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    removing internal hard drive: so i wanted to check something while i have no hdd and i want to remove my wd blue hard drive but i don't know if it's safe to start pc after unplugging hdd or not and my windows 10 is installed on my ssd so what should i do?...
  7. Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware'

Internal SATA hard drives show up as removable devices in 'Safely Remove Hardware': Hi, Issue; I've got two of my internal SATA hard drives (4 internal hard drive in total) showing as removeable drives in the 'safely remove hardware and eject media' tray icon list. I don't want to accidentally eject one of them so I would like them not to appear in the...
  8. Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media

Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media: I have an older computer, and have had trouble getting working SATA controller drivers for it, so I have had to revert the Marvell SATA/RAID driver back to Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Doing this has fixed my problems mostly, but now my internal hard drives show up...
  9. Internal optical drive seen as removable drive

Internal optical drive seen as removable drive: Hi guys, I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one. The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive, and is inaccessible. Under Device Manager it's listed under Disk Drives, whereas normally it should be under DVD/CD Drives....
  10. safe removal drive

safe removal drive: When I have inserted a SD memory card, I have the possibility for "ejecting" the card after which it can be safely removed. I donot understand why this possibility does not exist with an USB HDD. I thought that just removing such drive gives the chance of damaging it. 62174