Windows 10: Safe Search Disabling Issue

Discus and support Safe Search Disabling Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently was given a new computer by a family member because my old one was crappy, and practically useless to me. I had no issues with it really,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilburShenanigans, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Safe Search Disabling Issue

So I recently was given a new computer by a family member because my old one was crappy, and practically useless to me. I had no issues with it really, until I tried to search something, and I was informed of the safe search setting. No big deal, right? Well, apparently I can't toggle it; I can't switch it off or anything. Mind you, this laptop has been out of use for some time, and was handed directly to me without being tampered with.

The setting displays the message, "We've set SafeSearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience."

I was wondering if there was a way to fix this issue, and have the ability to switch the safe search off, without having to do a whole factory reset on this thing. Please get back to me when you can.

:)

WilburShenanigans, Feb 12, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Safe Search set to strict in Internet Explorer

Hello Narayan,

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change your Bing Safe Search settings:

Go to
    Celebrating women in science

• Click the Gear (Preferences) icon towards the top right side of the page.

• In the SafeSearch section, select your desired setting:

• Strict – Filter adult text, images and videos from your search results.

• Moderate – Filter adult images and videos but not text from your search results.

• Off – Don’t filter adult content from your search results.

• Click Save
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 12, 2020
  4. geotso Win User

Safe Search Disabling Issue

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Safe Search Disabling Issue

1. Safe Search Disabling Issue - Similar Threads - Safe Search Disabling

2. Safe Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Search: Okay, I have tried almost everything to shut off the safe search filter in my Windows 10 Pro syste. I have spoken with my ISP Starlink and they do not do anything with that option, I have spoken with Bitdefender who states only one option that may have changed it, but after...
  3. Safe Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe Search: Okay, I have tried almost everything to shut off the safe search filter in my Windows 10 Pro syste. I have spoken with my ISP Starlink and they do not do anything with that option, I have spoken with Bitdefender who states only one option that may have changed it, but after...
  4. Safe Search

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Safe Search Filter = on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Search Filter = on: I have an issue with safe search beinn set to ON and I can't set it stating "the administrator has control" or something like that. I am the admin and have tried everything to change it but to no avail. I use Starlink as my ISP and have sent another question to see if they...
  6. How to disable safe search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable safe search: Disable safe search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-disable-safe-search/117ad373-0262-4d0b-a4d2-105eafc5b67b
  7. Safe to disable tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to disable tasks?: For the past few months, my computer wakes up in the middle of the night. Using "powercfg -lastwake" in cmd I was able to trace the cause to Update Orchestrator. I found this guide and followed it....
  8. safe search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe search: turning off safe search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-search/a7477bf5-e97f-47da-9e2d-c8ab1e6ee72b"
  9. Safe search

in Cortana
    Safe search: How to on safe search Permanently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-search/d2cee40b-092c-4439-b5f7-b22e6dc7e4bd"
  10. Safe search nightmare

in Browsers and Email
    Safe search nightmare: I have used the following programs to attempt to remove "SAFESEARCH" from my Google Browser including numerous reinstalls of the google browser itself. Malware Antimalware --- SpyHunter --- Stopzilla --- Advance System Care --- Google Removal Tool --- Avast --- CC Cleaner...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weve set safesearch to strict