Windows 10: Safe search nightmare

Discus and support Safe search nightmare in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used the following programs to attempt to remove "SAFESEARCH" from my Google Browser including numerous reinstalls of the google browser itself.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AFTommy, Mar 12, 2016.

1. AFTommy Win User

Safe search nightmare

I have used the following programs to attempt to remove "SAFESEARCH" from my Google Browser including numerous reinstalls of the google browser itself.

Malware Antimalware --- SpyHunter --- Stopzilla --- Advance System Care --- Google Removal Tool --- Avast --- CC Cleaner - Hijack This --- MS Malicious Software Tool --- Slim Cleaner --- Windows Defender.

Where do I go from here folks?

:)

AFTommy, Mar 12, 2016

2. safe search

Hi Theodore,

The error that you received when disabling the Safe Search in
    Bing can be triggered if your Microsoft account is added as a child account under the family settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your account/device prior to your concern?
    • Have you recently used your account to sign in to Xbox?
    • Have you tried signing in to your device using a different account? If yes, did you encounter the same message?

Note: If you don't have another account, you can create one by following the steps provided on this

support article

If your account was accidentally added as a child account, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to remove it from the family settings.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Safe Searching

Hello Daniel,

There are many ways to keep you safe searching online, you may turn on Safe Search in Windows 10. We suggest checking the article about

Turn SafeSearch on or off in Windows 10.
    The other way is setting up a Family Safety, this is to set the browsing limits. To know more about Family Safety, click

here

Let us know if you have other concern.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Safe search nightmare

dalchina, Mar 12, 2016
  5. AFTommy Win User
    yes i have..."adware" (which is in the link you suggested) doesn't even find it...it says no malware found. Other googled sites I've visited say those suggested recommendations are largely unsuccessful. Thanks anyway for your response.

AFTommy, Mar 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Wait a minute, are you talking about the SafeSearch feature in the browser, or the Safesearch malware?
    3 Easy Ways to Turn Off Google Safesearch (with Pictures)
    https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/510?hl=en

If the latter then suggest if none of the standard removal techniques posted work, and presuming you have no disk images or restore points prior to SAFESEARCH appearing:

1. Install Locate32 (free) or Everything by voidtools
    2. Index your C: with this (assuming Windows is on C: )
    3. Find (using the above program) anything to do with SAFESEARCH, in particular any exe
    4. Use Revo and direct it to the exe (s) or folders you've found using its forced uninstall mode.

See if that removes anything.

You could also try a BHO removal program, but this is malware so is likely not to be sufficient.

Note: once you've got rid of this, enable system restore, and set up a scheduled task to create a daily restore point
    Also start using disk imaging regularly and update your image regularly and prior to and after major updates or changes.
    E.g. Macrium Reflect free + it's boot medium + backup storage.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Safe search nightmare

1. Safe search nightmare - Similar Threads - Safe search nightmare

2. Display nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display nightmare: One of the kids has managed to turn my page display black and the text yellow! I can't get it back to the normal white page display and black text. Can anyone help please? I have asked him how he did it and he can't remember because he says he was messing around and clicked...
  3. WINDOWS NIGHTMARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS NIGHTMARE: I installed a new gen 4 SSD and changed my motherboard, which began my worst day ever in the past decade. Windows is refusing to boot, stating that my PC can't start properly. The PC refuses to boot with the new NVME drive installed. It works fine when I take it out. I tried...
  4. OneDrive Nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Nightmare: It is a sad day in the world when the memoirs and articles one writes, on their personal computer, cannot even be saved privately on their very own personal computer. OneDrive makes it impossible to privately save your own documents in the way you see most fitting on your...
  5. STRICT SAFE SEARCH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STRICT SAFE SEARCH: I have had my laptop checked by a professional, and it is all working. But I still CANNOT get this strict safe search removed. I'm using Microsoft edge, windows10 and I'm unable to disable safe search on any search engine I use like google or bing. I have even tried...
  6. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  7. safe search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe search: turning off safe search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-search/a7477bf5-e97f-47da-9e2d-c8ab1e6ee72b"
  8. Searching range of dates; a nightmare

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching range of dates; a nightmare: I am trying to find photos taken between two dates, following various advices. They could be located in more than one position. From the forementioned advice I am choosing to insert in the search box Code: datetaken:dd/mm/yyyy .. dd/mm/yyyy[/quote] . However, even though I...
  9. Safe search

in Cortana
    Safe search: How to on safe search Permanently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-search/d2cee40b-092c-4439-b5f7-b22e6dc7e4bd"
  10. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...