Windows 10: Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The sole user profile of a home user became corrupted and could not be repaired had the logged on with temp profile problem. Creating a new profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave1023, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Dave1023 Win User

Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro?

The sole user profile of a home user became corrupted and could not be repaired had the logged on with temp profile problem. Creating a new profile involved copying over folders for documents, music, videos, outlook pst, etc. from the old profile. New profile is working OK, but the duplication has essentially filled up the 1TB hard drive. Can I simply and safely just delete the old corrupted user profile and all the data files?

:)

Dave1023, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 14, 2020
  3. How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

Rename User Account Folder in Windows 10 Preview

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Delete User Profile in Windows 10

I'm the first to reply! This tutorial could be a useful fix for the problem of corrupted user profiles.

I have a challenging query. I upgraded my desktop PC to the AU yesterday and can't configure OneDrive in my main user account - see OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade. I strongly suspect the problem may be due to a problem with the user profile since I can configure OneDrive in all other accounts.

I'm wondering if I can use the method in this tutorial to reset the profile? What will I need to configure? I don't understand Step 2 of Option 2 above. Doesn't doing that delete all the user data files and program configuration data in Appdata?

I had another problem with a corrupted default user profile after the AU and had to copy a working default user profile - see https://www.tenforums.com/user-accou...r-profile.html Am I safe to reset the user profile using the default user profile I copied from my laptop or should I restore the default user profile using another method before using the reset method in this tutorial?

Steve C, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Safe to Delete Corrupt User Profile on Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Safe Delete Corrupt

2. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  3. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  4. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  5. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  6. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: My main only user profile cannot launch cmd.exe, Windows Defender, and a 1-2 other utilities. This happened after I install a Linux distro using WSL. Tried troubleshooting it using online solutions, which didn't help. I upgraded to Windows 11 and that didn't help. I took my...
  7. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  8. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  9. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Profile: I logged on this morning to see my user profile had been corrupted, with the file showing 0 bytes in properties and unable to be accessed due to the corrupted file submitted by /u/XCTVNICKX [link] [comments]...
  10. how to safely delete unused user profiles on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to safely delete unused user profiles on windows 10?: hi, my C drive is full to the brim: [ATTACH] and I also noticed that for some reason I have loads of accounts. I should only have three: [ATTACH] my question is: 1. is it safe to remove the old profiles? 2. will removing the old profiles affect my current profile? 3....