Windows 10: Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?

Discus and support Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago Windows 1903 tried to install on my PC but thankfully after a few days the Restart option went away and I didn't have to install it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Redbatman Win User

Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?

So a few weeks ago Windows 1903 tried to install on my PC but thankfully after a few days the Restart option went away and I didn't have to install it. But the New OS is still taking up space on my SSD. Is it safe for me to delete. Just to let you know my Windows update screen gives me the Download and install option for 1903 again. So that is fine.

:)

Redbatman, Sep 14, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?

Go to MSCONFIG (Win key+r, type in msconfig)... will get something similar to this:
    Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer? [​IMG]

Delete the OS you no longer want. Go to Disk Management,
    Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer? [​IMG]
    and on the OS drive, right click the partition of the unwanted OS, and delete. Now unallocated , free space.

EDIT: BACKUP FIRST!! Just good practice.... And after the steps above... reboot...

f14tomcat, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Disk space - Space Sniffer Access is denied - Code 5

I have a acer 5552 running windows 10 although this problem was there under windows 5

I ran space sniffer and this shows 106.2GB of unaccessable space. The space sniffer console shows the files that make up this space. Here is an example

WARN 11:18:54 - Unable to examine C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-18 (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:54 - Unable to examine C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-20 (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:54 - Unable to examine C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1762652693-428376908-199865491-500 (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:55 - Unable to examine C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-4284531438-3182828447-3916045307-500 (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:55 - Unable to examine C:\1fa3c87dbfc77f636413226b6b67a855 (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:55 - Unable to examine C:\6d694d1fcef5cc1966113b3fd884\mousekeyboardcenter (Access is denied. - code 5)

WARN 11:18:55 - Unable to examine C:\6d694d1fcef5cc1966113b3fd884\prereq (Access is denied. - code 5)

All the files end with hte Access is denied - code 5

Can I delete these to release disk space or is there anything else I can do ?

Thanks

Neil Hardwick, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?

Can I safely delete certain partitions?

All the partitions to the right of C:\ can be safely deleted. I noticed you have some substantial unallocated disk space that you should try recovering.

After deleting the suggested partitions, the Volumes you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (CSafe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer? :). Right click the System volume then click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer?

1. Safe to Delete New Windows OS? In Space Sniffer? - Similar Threads - Safe Delete Space

2. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  3. $Windows.~BT New OS directory - Can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    $Windows.~BT New OS directory - Can't delete: My win 10, WinSider PC, seems to have downloaded Win 11 in the Windows.~BT folder. It takes about 15GB of space. I want it gone. My system hardware (currently) can't use win11, which I think this is. I have tried all the usual methods to remove/delete. None can do it. the...
  4. How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an inbuilt Network Sniffer Tool — PktMon.exe — to monitor internal packet propagation and packet drop reports. This tool can help you […] This article How to use the new Network Sniffer Tool PktMon.exe in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  5. safe spaces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    safe spaces: My windows 10 cannot fix my I need space as I get free up space every Day.Can I Ged rid of 10 and get 7 back? no chance says my computer. hELP AM GOING NUTS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-spaces/b9fc8e5d-2804-42cb-b02c-392747d03060
  6. is it safe to delete these

is it safe to delete these: I asked a similar question yesterday i learned of mroe folder i could delete but again i need an expert input. can I delete all these all these folders as well?[ATTACH]...
  7. What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?: This how to geek article discusses what may be safe to delete after running the new tool to free space included with the Creator's Spring Update. I am really not sure after reading what we should or should not delete. CAn anyone enlighten me? Thanks. Free Up Disk Space Now...
  8. What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is Safe to Delete with new File Deletion Options?: This is why I suggested it as some people/organisations prefer not to use 3rd party. I do too, windows have that very long time, no need for 3rd party programs. I just like to uninstall programs properly with Revo uninstaller and that keeps disks and system cleaner.
  9. Is it safe to delete the DELL created partitions when upgrading OS

Is it safe to delete the DELL created partitions when upgrading OS: My DELL Latitude laptop came with Windows 8.1 Pro x64 on it. I decided that I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro x64. Before I did anything I used DELL Backup and Recovery to create a flash drive so I can always restore the PC back to factory if anything goes wrong...
  10. Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?

Dual boot: Safe to delete 1 OS ?: Hello ! Currently, I have dual boot Win7 and Win10. And the only reason I have Win7 is because the drivers for a printer were not updated to Win10. Now recently HP did just that, and I no longer need Win7. The way I have it set up is that I have Win7 on one partition,...